DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Inspire 3

It's not cheap but it's not aimed at the consumer level user either. This is a Pro level system carrying a Pro level price tag. I'd love to have one but the cost is many X's more than I could even attempt to justify.
Bravo, great consideration, clarification was needed, many people would never have understood this.
Inspire 3 is not an amateur drone, it's a Pro level system!
While the Inspire 1 Pro is not/was not a Pro drone and the same for Inspire 2, because both priced for a lot less... are/was less expensive, so of course, are not/was not Pro drones.
Right?
Moreover there are many seller that sell their old beloved drones, as Phantoms and Mavics and also the smaller ones, labeling them "Pro drone", "not a toy"...
And we have also the actual Mini 3 Pro...
Another Pro!
Clever humans with smart stretchy definitions, according to their need and the convenience of the times, of the moment.

... wonder if DJI has finally managed to get this Inspire to hold a firm static position? The other two were notorious for drifting around slightly when put in a hover and it's a flaw with the I1 &I2 they still haven't addressed.
How much did they drift?
Specs for the I3 show:
Hovering Accuracy Range
Vertical:
±0.1 m (with vision positioning)
±0.5 m (with GNSS positioning)
±0.1 m (with RTK positioning)

Horizontal:
±0.3 m (with vision positioning)
±0.5 m (with GNSS positioning)
±0.1 m (with RTK positioning)

Ah, the internal storage they mentioned must be the ProSSD.
Internal storage sounds more like the small internal memory of the Mavic 3 and other models.

yeah, the first thing I noticed was the flight time. They say 26-28 minutes to go to 0% battery in ideal conditions while filming in 4K. So very likely close to 20 minutes. And of course, with a nearly $20,000 drone in the air will anybody want to land with less than 20% battery? So a comfortable flight might be in 15-17 minute range. Wow

It looks like DJI fell short on this one. I was expecting better battery life, better transmission (O4), and a lower price tag perhaps no more than $12,000.
It is a fantastic machine. Check out the price for the DJI "Insurance" for a year...However, hopefully DJI will continue to service Inspire2. However, after dozens of discussions with their california and Shenzhen tech crews, there may or may not be an update to Crystal Sky android software, which is the heart of some of the issues with IN2, coupled with CENDENCE. it's an old Android firmware that hasn't had an update in years. Really could be helpful. But not sure DJI has any interest in maintaining a mid range stable aerial platform as the INSPIRE2. Interchangeable lenses make the IN2 in a class by itself even if the "Super 35" sensor potential, file size, etc real world specs are nearly identical to Mavic 2 & Mavic 3. DJI has not been open about whether the sensor on M3 has further internal architecture that generates a more robust image....the numbers don't always tell the full story. But interchangeable lenses are still valued and we needn't fork out $20K when an IN2 investment includes multiple batteries, battery charger (the best accessory ever), multiple lenses, travel cases, T Motor folding props, Cendence and Crystal Sky.

Reactions: ClaudioNC
Really looking forward to using one of these. Having RTK and solid flight planning will be a big deal for me. Also the market for 8k screensavers is solid - this will really make that easier.

I was so hopeful for a built in nd. Oh well - maybe the I4.

It's a little tempting to get into an Inspire 2 right now. For about 3G you can get the X5(whatever) camera and drone used in excellent condition. The lens selection isn't the best but you would get into dng raw off of an MFT sensor. Still a real hard sell given the beautiful images I'm getting from the M3C.

It's a little tempting to get into an Inspire 2 right now. For about 3G you can get the X5(whatever) camera and drone used in excellent condition. The lens selection isn't the best but you would get into dng raw off of an MFT sensor. Still a real hard sell given the beautiful images I'm getting from the M3C.
Yes, I’m actually thinking about buying the Inspire 2 now after seeing the Inspire 3 price-tag. I suspect many more Inspire 2’s will be listed on eBay within the coming Months.

Reactions: SmilingOgre