DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Inspire 3

It tic's a lot of boxes for sure. Cinema-Dng raw, Ability to jam sync timecode, interchangeable lenses, to say nothing of the maneuvering characteristics. It would be nice to have but not for 20G.

It's not cheap but it's not aimed at the consumer level user either. This is a Pro level system carrying a Pro level price tag. I'd love to have one but the cost is many X's more than I could even attempt to justify.

yes indeed its a wonderful piece of kit ,but only if you have a real need for such a drone
and all the resources,and skills to fly it

It's not cheap but it's not aimed at the consumer level user either. This is a Pro level system carrying a Pro level price tag. I'd love to have one but the cost is many X's more than I could even attempt to justify.
I'm with you and agree with your assertion, however the simple categories of consumer and professional aren't enough for me. I'll bet we are watching a ton of footage on reality/documentaries captured with Mavic 3's. They're generating good revenue and therefor professional. I see the Inspire coming into play on movie sets. They're cutting along side of Arri and Red not Canon, Panasonic, and Black Magic. Having said that, movie sets have a tendency to float Arris and Reds with other platform drones. So somewhere between the History Channel and MGM? Maybe a bit of both? My point is that I see the Mavic quite acceptable for a lot of professional video.

Wow, quite the aircraft !
And I must say DJI do a wonderful job on those website pages.

I do compare this sort of tech and aircraft features to modern cars though, so many little things can go wrong with them and make them virtually useless, and in general like top end autos, they need to go back to a manufacturer / dealer to fix !

For the pro movie making type of user though, and no doubt with skills from probable previous movie type experience on drones, it packs a huge punch.

I didn't look too deeply, but seems to have normal MicroSD and Pro res, same type as in the Mavic 3 Cine ?
Fixed, removable ?

Will take a deeper look later after the days end.

The battery life was the turn off. In the cinema field, that may not be an issue since they can probably get the shots they need in less than the claimed battery life.
As already mentioned, not intended for the small wallet crowd.

Reactions: SmilingOgre
The battery life was the turn off. In the cinema field, that may not be an issue since they can probably get the shots they need in less than the claimed battery life.
As already mentioned, not intended for the small wallet crowd.
Agreed. Establishing and segue shots are usually between 2 and 12 seconds long. I've not done much "crane" work with the drone but I would think those shots would be equally as short.

I didn't look too deeply, but seems to have normal MicroSD and Pro res, same type as in the Mavic 3 Cine ?
Fixed, removable ?
The specs make no mention of MicroSD cards.
What they do say is:
Memory Card Type - DJI PROSSD 1TB

That's a removable SSD card which DJI sells at US$800

Ah, the internal storage they menioned must be the ProSSD.

"supporting internal recording of up to 8K/25fps CinemaDNG video"

At least they made it removable.

Clicked through preorder, AU$20,469, hmmm, will wait a few months for them to find and flatten the bugs :p ;)

... wonder if DJI has finally managed to get this Inspire to hold a firm static position? The other two were notorious for drifting around slightly when put in a hover and it's a flaw with the I1 &I2 they still haven't addressed.

It will depend on which GPS implementation DJI picks. The normal GPS Systems that consumer products use has a base accuracy of +- 16 ft, 95% of the time. No matter what DJI does, it can never be more accurate. More accurate systems are available of course, but require different hardware and different software to work. Some of theses implementations require a number of readings and averaging to get higher accuracy. This takes time, and cannot produce results quickly enough to integrate into the existing DJI Position integrating system.

It will depend on which GPS implementation DJI picks. The normal GPS Systems that consumer products use has a base accuracy of +- 16 ft, 95% of the time. No matter what DJI does, it can never be more accurate. More accurate systems are available of course, but require different hardware and different software to work. Some of theses implementations require a number of readings and averaging to get higher accuracy. This takes time, and cannot produce results quickly enough to integrate into the existing DJI Position integrating system.
That kind of hardware is available for the Inspire 3 to provide very accurate GPS coordinates and very accurate flight paths and stationary holds as evidenced by their promo video.

Reactions: a2tomm
With the RTK, it has centimeter level accuracy which includes flying waypoints for multiple takes for things such as change of seasons, night day hyperlapses, shooting multiple takes of the same shot etc... Cinematographers will love it even though they are going to be the only ones able to justify it's cost.

Reactions: a2tomm
It looks like DJI fell short on this one. I was expecting better battery life, better transmission (O4), and a lower price tag perhaps no more than $12,000.

It looks like DJI fell short on this one. I was expecting better battery life, better transmission (O4), and a lower price tag perhaps no more than $12,000.
It uses O3 PRO (which they could've called O4) and there is so much outgoing transmission and processing going on in the bird, I can see where they would rather keep the battery size manageable. The greatest part of the weight in the new EV cars is batteries so it doesn't bother me too much about the flight time. Not to mention how fast the drive would fill up shooting 8K. But it would've been nice if you got at least 1 lens and the slave transmitter for your $16,995.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer