DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New iPad mini 4 ?

UPDATE: Bingo the iPad mini 4 finally gave in. IT CERTAINLY GAVE ME A HARD TIME. For some reason, most likely my glitchy internet / DSL up in the boonies like WE are. MUST BE THE 1ST UPDATE DIDNT FININSH. IT FINALLY took and everything works like butter. So smooth . Test flight will be when weather permits .THANK YOU SO much for HANGING in there with me.

I’m not as versed as msinger but notice one thing missing from the thread. I assume you’re trying to connect from the USB at the bottom of the controller to the iPad and you have disconnected the mini USB cable from the left side of the controller.
Yes I used the bottom USB and nothing plugged in on the side. Not you can put power in the left side to charge the controller as it charges your phone or tablets. I did it yesterday and it works great.

Glad you got it working. I have been using a Mini4 for several months with no problems. After the last GO4 update, I got a blue screen until I turned on the mavic and there ever thing started working like it should. If you haven't got it yet, I would recommend getting an antiglare screen protector. Makes it much easier to see in bright day light. I also have a hood but rarely use it. Hope you enjoy your new Mini.

Glad you got it working. I have been using a Mini4 for several months with no problems. After the last GO4 update, I got a blue screen until I turned on the mavic and there ever thing started working like it should. If you haven't got it yet, I would recommend getting an antiglare screen protector. Makes it much easier to see in bright day light. I also have a hood but rarely use it. Hope you enjoy your new Mini.
Thank You. Yes I'l get a screen protector coming Asap. Today on EBay. :) Anti glare. For sure

The most important thing about running any Apple devices. Be very patient. Unlike Android :updates take a long time compared to my Galaxy S8+. In my case here the iPad mini 4 didn't complete the update, nor did it inform me there was a problem. I was lucky to catch the problem as I noticed the "gear spinning " . After 2 complete resets I finally got things running smooth. Again remember to always check to see if your update was successful or not.

Reactions: NAVMAV
I'm getting a new iPad mini 4 and will be using as a dedicated device for my MPP & Go 4 version 1.1.18.
I have also ordered Anker cable for the mini 4.
I have no confidence in my Samsung s7 as it crashes several minutes into flight.
Any tips or advise for this rookie on new setup for the mini 4?
Thanks and if this has already been posted,please share link.
Possum
All went perfect!! Almost.. first flight received a "compass redundancy switch".
When first opening go4 app. Restarted everything no issues. 2nd battery same warning. 3rd Battery, no warning and flight was perfect..no warnings, just an awsome flight.
I was on the back side of a large 1000 acre farm,open fields and timberland, one cell tower mabe 4000' from my home point. This tower has alot of different things on top and I did even think about it until I seen it when I was checking my height and surroundings.
Really aggravated at this point. Seems like one problem solved and a new one appears.
What should I do if it goes away, keep flying or take it apart and twist wires.
All three flights were awsome!
Possum

The most important thing about running any Apple devices. Be very patient. Unlike Android :updates take a long time compared to my Galaxy S8+. In my case here the iPad mini 4 didn't complete the update, nor did it inform me there was a problem. I was lucky to catch the problem as I noticed the "gear spinning " . After 2 complete resets I finally got things running smooth. Again remember to always check to see if your update was successful or not.
Do you keep it plugged in when updates. the Device battery needs to be 50% or more for device updates to complete. For app update problems, rebooting the Mini4 usually works for me.

Do you keep it plugged in when updates. the Device battery needs to be 50% or more for device updates to complete. For app update problems, rebooting the Mini4 usually works for me.

Yes I kept the pad on charge through out the entire process, and ithe battery was nearly full when I did the update. My problem is when have high winds we get glitchy service (we are still fed internet by copper wire a good part of its climb up the mountain. ). I’m on DSL and it’s certainly isn’t he fastest service but it’s the only service until I find A replacement.

All went perfect!! Almost.. first flight received a "compass redundancy switch".
When first opening go4 app. Restarted everything no issues. 2nd battery same warning. 3rd Battery, no warning and flight was perfect..no warnings, just an awsome flight.
I was on the back side of a large 1000 acre farm,open fields and timberland, one cell tower mabe 4000' from my home point. This tower has alot of different things on top and I did even think about it until I seen it when I was checking my height and surroundings.
Really aggravated at this point. Seems like one problem solved and a new one appears.
Possum
Should I post this question somewhere else? Seems my thread go hijacked?
Sorry just disappointed after getting the iPad to keep the app from crashing.
Thanks

I'm getting a new iPad mini 4 and will be using as a dedicated device for my MPP & Go 4 version 1.1.18.
I have also ordered Anker cable for the mini 4.
I have no confidence in my Samsung s7 as it crashes several minutes into flight.
Any tips or advise for this rookie on new setup for the mini 4?
Thanks and if this has already been posted,please share link.
Possum
No need to repost, to get back on track .Id suggest keeping your mini 4 as free from needless apps that can slow your system down . I use 4.1.20 GO4 app. Everything works fine. Reminder to do update as soon as it' unboxed. And make sure the update has been completed and the little gear is done spinning. And you get. Update completed pop up.

This is my response to my first flight after using the ipad mini for first flight.

Possum

This is my response to my first flight after using the ipad mini for first flight.

Possum
I cannot tell what your question/issue is, "all three flights were awesome". I would not recommend any old-time Phantom hacks for the Mavic, so don't open and twist wires, Perhaps a Compass Calibration in that open field for the compass related message?

Sorry guys, all three flights were fine with the exception of the very brief warning "Compass redundancy switch " on the first two. MPP flew fine.
I recalberated compass on each flight.
I'm new and I guess my expectations could be too high.
What do I Do? Fly again and see if I continue the get the warning?
If I get the warning again,start learning how to share files?
I have so much to learn!
Thanks

Ok, this piolit was flying off the top of a building and was asked to fly in a grassy field and then recalibrate.
Then the subject changed to a different warning.
I'm flying several thousand feet from anything, homes, powerlines nothing but open farmland.
The only fix I can find is to take off arms and twist wires, or send back to DJI.
This really stinks after no crashes, using the same props. Got mabe 20+ flights with no issues other than flying with Android and app crashing,which I solved with the new ipad.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming