DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New iPad mini 4 ?

Possum

Reactions
I'm getting a new iPad mini 4 and will be using as a dedicated device for my MPP & Go 4 version 1.1.18.
I have also ordered Anker cable for the mini 4.
I have no confidence in my Samsung s7 as it crashes several minutes into flight.
Any tips or advise for this rookie on new setup for the mini 4?
Thanks and if this has already been posted,please share link.
Possum

The iPad Mini 4 will likely work just fine right out of the box. You can improve the performance even more by following these tips.

Reactions: MrBrooklyn
Just bought a brand new iPad mini 4 I downloaded the Go 4 app and it wont connect . Whats up with that ?? My Galaxy S8 + works awesome, This is a bummer. Is it the news updated version of the DJI Go4 app 4/1/20 . Maybe I need to restart my tablet ?? I tried unplugging, and plugging everything back in, I even tried powering the cycling the controller and MP on and off and back on,. Whats next ??? P,lease help

Just bought a brand new iPad mini 4 I downloaded the Go 4 app and it wont connect .
Did you upgrade it to iOS 11.2.1? If not, do that.

If iOS is already upgraded, what do you see in DJI GO after connecting the Lightning cable?

Reactions: wsteele
On the DJI GO home screen, what do you see at the bottom, left corner?

Which version of iOS are you running?

All I see is the Go4 screen with not connected on the top left corner. I have11.2.1 ios running with 4.1.20 Go4 Software.

Reactions: wsteele
Tap the DJI logo at the top, left to get back to the home screen. What do you see at the bottom, left corner of the home screen?

I'l check that in a bit. I restarted from scratch ( Tablet and Go 4 app. And I now see that the Apple update gear is no longer turning in the update tab . IM re doing everything from step one again. Re installing Go4 app now. CERTAINLY slower then down loading the app using Android device. LOL.

Maybe this will be easier...

What do you see here?

Home.jpg

Try a different Lightning cable. You should see "RC Connected" there when your remote controller is powered on and your iPad Mini 4 is connected via a Lightning cable.

IMG_4154.PNG

Did you try a factory reset on your iPad Mini 4?

Yes. Did that too. I might just take It back tomorrow. Got $100 off on brand new in no, at Best buy but not worth $300 if it does connect. It' probably Go 4 app software issue. If firmware issue with my Tablet. Done pissin with it for the night. Guess I'l stick with my Awsome Galaxy 8plus. THANKS for trying .

I’m not as versed as msinger but notice one thing missing from the thread. I assume you’re trying to connect from the USB at the bottom of the controller to the iPad and you have disconnected the mini USB cable from the left side of the controller.

Reactions: Cut.Aussie
Oh wait I might have it. It's now doing a update on the 11.2.1 11 min to go. Well see what happens. Keep fingers crossed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito