DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New iPads (including iPad Mini) announced

For those Android users, I purchased a Samsung Tab A 8.5" for $65 on eBay. It's perfect for me. You will have to buy a holder, but that's about $10. Weight .5 lbs and easy to work with. Has plenty of screen to operate easily.

When the new ipad mini comes out, I was thinking of buying an older version to save bucks. Are you saying: a) that the new screen will be significantly brighter and b) that you get better drone control if you have cell service? I have a mavic air.

- The new Mini is out.
- The screen is about 11% brighter at max brightness
- cell service on the mini would have nothing to do with drone control - other than the ability to real-time download maps - you can, of course, off-line download maps, or pair a non-cell mini to an Iphone over wifi

When the new ipad mini comes out, I was thinking of buying an older version to save bucks. Are you saying: a) that the new screen will be significantly brighter and b) that you get better drone control if you have cell service? I have a mavic air.

What we're saying is a) the new mini 2019 is modestly but helpfully brighter, b) cellular service makes things easier and more convenient but is not absolutely necessary and c) the mini 4 while still working fine for some people for others (at least two who have posted above) is starting to struggle with it's ageing A8 processor and the increased processing demands as they upgrade the go4 app and or if you use other 3rd party flight apps which points to the fact that even if are having a decent experience with a mini 4 at the moment there is not a lot of headroom left in it for future expansion. This means that if you do not have a mini and are looking at a purchase although more expensive the mini 2019 will probably be better value over the longer term as you won't find yourself needing to upgrade for the foreseeable future.

Regards
Ari

What we're saying is a) the new mini 2019 is modestly but helpfully brighter, b) cellular service makes things easier and more convenient but is not absolutely necessary and c) the mini 4 while still working fine for some people for others (at least two who have posted above) is starting to struggle with it's ageing A8 processor and the increased processing demands as they upgrade the go4 app and or if you use other 3rd party flight apps which points to the fact that even if are having a decent experience with a mini 4 at the moment there is not a lot of headroom left in it for future expansion. This means that if you do not have a mini and are looking at a purchase although more expensive the mini 2019 will probably be better value over the longer term as you won't find yourself needing to upgrade for the foreseeable future.

Regards
Ari
Thanks so much. On my way to the Apple store.

I ordered one online yesterday because the closest Apple store near me with them in stock is over an hour drive one way. With the gas and tolls it's not worth the trip. I sold back my 6th gen. iPad to Apple for a 175.00 gift card which I used on my order.

Did you use your new iPad Mini with you drone yet? I just received mine in the mail today. It was shipped all the way from China. I'm charging it up now. I'll probably won't get to use it for a couple of days because of the weather.

Did you use your new iPad Mini with you drone yet? I just received mine in the mail today. It was shipped all the way from China. I'm charging it up now. I'll probably won't get to use it for a couple of days because of the weather.
Please let us know how it works!

NOT YET, unfortunately.
My life got in the way of my drone. But I'll let you know.

Please let us know how it works!
I used the Mini 5 today. It worked great. The perfect size for my old eyes. It actually fits in the Mavic Pro controller. When I used a 9.7" iPad I had to use a third party bracket. With the weight and the bulk of the bigger tablet, along with the added weight of the bracket, it was just too cumbersome. The mini worked without any issues. Everything ran smoothly. The screen was alway clear and sharp. No hiccups. I put a matte glass screen protector on it to help with the sun reflection and it did make a big difference.

whyd you get it direct from china? where are you?

Been using my new iPad Mini 5 for a few weeks now. Very good performance and perfect fit. I jumped from a 3 to the 5, so a big jump in performance.

whyd you get it direct from china? where are you?
I ordered it the day it was released. There are no Apple stores near me, and the other retailers didn't have them in stock. So I ordered it on Apple's website. I had no idea it was coming from China until I checked the tracking. It only took about 3 or 4 days.

I returned my iPad mini it was too small for my use at home. It would have been perfect for my drone but I wanted it for both. I’m using my iPhone X s max for my drone now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121