DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Legs for my new Air 2

Some like add ons and some don’t.
Some like to put their fingers near a spinning prop and some don’t.
Some like landing pads and some don’t.
Think how boring the world would be if we were all the same!
Fly safe and have fun is the important part.

I don’t personally see the advantage to landing gear legs at all. If you land in any kind of turf or grass the gimbal still gets down into the terrain. And if you land on any surface other than level there’s a distinct possibility of tipping over. I hand catch 99% off the time. It’s just easier.
I disagree (for myself). I've had landing gear for all my drones and I like that extra level of landing safely.
I land on turf and grass all the time and the gimbal barely even touches the grass (maybe grass in your area is taller, who knows), but without landing gear it does touch for sure in my area.
My landing gear works extremely well on unlevel surfaces, even on a moderately pitched roof. No tipping at all. Works really well on small rocks and gravel.
As far as hand-catching goes, good for you. I prefer, and sometimes need to, land on a surface, so the landing gear is very helpful.
I rarely hand-catch... I love the detail, practice and utility of precision ground (or roof) landing versus just grabbing it out of the air.
Hand-catching during emergency landing can be impossible (too far away, or whatever), so having gear can give an extra peace of mind in case things go wrong.
But to each their own.

I disagree (for myself). I've had landing gear for all my drones and I like that extra level of landing safely.
I land on turf and grass all the time and the gimbal barely even touches the grass (maybe grass in your area is taller, who knows), but without landing gear it does touch for sure in my area.
My landing gear works extremely well on unlevel surfaces, even on a moderately pitched roof. No tipping at all. Works really well on small rocks and gravel.
As far as hand-catching goes, good for you. I prefer, and sometimes need to, land on a surface, so the landing gear is very helpful.
I rarely hand-catch... I love the detail, practice and utility of precision ground (or roof) landing versus just grabbing it out of the air.
Hand-catching during emergency landing can be impossible (too far away, or whatever), so having gear can give an extra peace of mind in case things go wrong.
But to each their own.
Barely touching the grass is not a option. I just doesn’t do the gimbal any good imho. The grass in my yard is kept short but even then my Phantom would get a overload so I would practice landing on a cabinet door. More than once the landing would be on mark but the drone would slide and over it would go. Then I got a spark. Before the controller, every thing was to or from the hand. It just became no big deal. If DJI thought it was safe who am I to argue? One thing I really like is if people show up I can just bring it down to a clear area somewhere, land it an stick it in my pocket. I have never had anyone ever mention the word drone. Personally I just couldn’t deal with the confrontation 🫤 i’ve been flying far too long for somebody to tell me I can’t do something I love 60+

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan