DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New litchi update!

No mention of fixing the reported problems stemming from the latest DJIGo4 firmware being corrected on this new Litchi update.

That and the fact that Autopilot also warns about said problems leads me think that the fault really comes from DJI.

MK

Due to the DJI guy blade strike at RCGroups this bug needs to be fixed within the firmware which shall be available soon.

Huh?? What DJI guy blade strike?

"blade strike" is a DJI employee/contractor who posts regularly in the DJI threads on RC Groups. There was a kind of "falling out" a couple of years ago with the Phantom Pilots forum so he doesn't post here often.

@Blade Strike is generally considered to be a very good source for technical info that DJI hasn't publicly introduced.

It's great that @GerdS posted what he'd found. I can't deal with the 1643 page thread at RC Groups. Can you imagine what this forum would be like if every post in thousands of threads were just on one thread?

One really nice feature added is long tap the screen for infinity focus or you can set one of the "c" buttons for it. Maybe DJI will add this to GO4.

One really nice feature added is long tap the screen for infinity focus or you can set one of the "c" buttons for it. Maybe DJI will add this to GO4.

Infinity focus is a good addition, hyper focal distance would've been better. Its a fixed aperture lens so the distance is fixed and known so must be easy to do.

Updated both DJI Go 4 app and the new Litchi app. Yesterday late afternoon still encountering problems with a number of issues. First flight - mission failed to maintain centering on Focus POI. Camera pitched up half way through mission. Aircraft yaw was normal. Second flight - Failed to load new mission. Third Flight - Camera focussed at about 2 meters while sitting on ground, then when elevated 2 meters, distance was blurred. When using C1 programmed to Centre Focus after elevation, it briefly focussed and then went back to defocus. Landed manually and close objects where it had originally focussed were in focus. Fourth flight - Flew using DJI Go 4 app. Elevated to 2 meters and focussed using C1 centre focus. Very sharp and rest of flight as manual great video. Fifth flight - Elevated 2 meters, blurry focus, tried to focus using C1 but would not even momentarily focus. Decided to run mission anyway. No sharp focus for entire mission. C1 inactive as far as I could tell. Focus POI did not work as supposed to. Yaw of aircraft was tracking correctly but camera pitch angle completely wrong. Attempted screen infinity focus but did not work. Finished mission and it RTH correctly. As on another post it is suggested to toggle PAL/NTSC camera function to reboot the camera. Seems like a silly way to get things to work and it seems Litchi has a long way to go to get the app to work on the Mavic Pro.

It's very frustrating that the DJI .500 firmware update cripples both Autopilot and the Litchi applications.
It's not clear if it needs to be fixed in firmware (by Dji) or if the 3rd party developers can code round whatever the issue is. Whichever, it's a bit on an own goal by Dji

Incidentally, the PAL/NTSC switch "fix" is to get around the problem of over manipulated video (noise reduction, compression or over sharpening) resulting in "water colour painting" effect.

EDIT: Just seen another post that the PAl/NTSC thing does indeed correct the focus issue too!

I think I may have accidentally found the cure to all out Mavic problems :). (If only!)

Last edited:
Reactions: raymo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke