DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New M3 Firmware with Hyperlapse, Mastershots and Active Track enabled

richo777

Reactions
Philip Bloom who is a photographer and online reviewer has reported today that he received an M3 firmware update which enables Hyperlapse, Mastershots and ActiveTrack. Trying to find out what version number it is.

Reactions: thwcologne
I read that in the DJI forums yesterday. He says he received an email saying the firmware will be released this week or next week but is just a rumor. He claims DJI is testing with him a beta version of the firmware. He makes a few videos on Facebook using it.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
1638987960098.png
Reply from a DJI employee on this thread...

Hopefully that is just part 1 of all the fixes/features that are needed: OA, API, expo, regular RTH, smart controller buttons, etc.

I just returned my unopened M3 Fly More box to Amazon and will wait this out to see exactly what gets fixed. It is hard to image that DJI sent out a product with so much missing. It seems that they didn’t think this out very clearly and it has cost them good will with return customers like me. My wife will be sad that she has no gift for me this XMAS season, but better off waiting to see if this ever meets the promised spec and also to see how the new fly more package with RC Pro will be priced.

I just returned my unopened M3 Fly More box to Amazon and will wait this out to see exactly what gets fixed. It is hard to image that DJI sent out a product with so much missing. It seems that they didn’t think this out very clearly and it has cost them good will with return customers like me. My wife will be sad that she has no gift for me this XMAS season, but better off waiting to see if this ever meets the promised spec and also to see how the new fly more package with RC Pro will be priced.
I can see your point, I have the base version of the Mavic 3 still un opened next to me here, & opted to buy the RC Pro controller separate due to not being able to purchase it in the fly more combo, I have opened that, to be honest I will just probably upgrade the firmware in the M3 as soon as its released & just buy an extra battery or two when funds enable, not long purchased the full DJI FPV flymore setup with an extra battery on top so wallet is still recovering from that.

Philip Bloom who is a photographer and online reviewer has reported today that he received an M3 firmware update which enables Hyperlapse, Mastershots and ActiveTrack. Trying to find out what version number it is.
I just bought my new Lexus. They are promising to ship the 4th tire and side view mirrors in a month. I will be getting the radio in 2 months.

I just bought my new Lexus. They are promising to ship the 4th tire and side view mirrors in a month. I will be getting the radio in 2 months.
Is more like having a new sports car but they will send you later the shift stick.

If DJI ever made an EV your car would go right through the back fence in auto pilot when you arrived home

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Be glad they are doing it period.
Why would I be glad they shipped something with less features than my Air 2? I am pissed off about it, to the point im still probably gona send this back and get another one a bit later just to stick them for it out of principal.

Reactions: Joethedrone
From the DJI Facebook website !!!

2021-12-09_21-16-42.png

Why would I be glad they shipped something with less features than my Air 2? I am pissed off about it, to the point im still probably gona send this back and get another one a bit later just to stick them for it out of principal.
I did hear yesterday that a pretty large firmware upgrade could be coming next week possibly.
Some of the features sooner than the Jan22,2022 date.Then all will be fine when the M3 is at 100%.
Then maybe the whining and crying will back off.Why send it back if its working out good,that is if you
don't have any problems with it.Not talking about software related.DJI is extending the warranty on it
anyway.The firmware upgrade coming is suppose to be around 1200mb. in size ,so pretty large.
There is always the slim by ordering a new one later it could have issues that the first one did not.
DJI is so big that a couple returned drones to them means nothing.Yes you are right about the M3
being basically not quite ready for release yet.But I guess they wanted to release it early before the
holidays to get early holiday sales.
I currently have an air 2 also and love it.I want to wait until sometime next year ,and wait until the M3
matures before maybe getting it.
Have a good day.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman