DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New M3 Firmware

JD@flyduo

Reactions
Out flying after the update with an unlock applied to an area. Drone gets to the edge of a warning zone and stops dead. No pitch forward. No back. Will only ascend and descend. NO RTH! Had to go to the M3s position and land safely. Of course its a weekend so support is closed which of course doesnt help those that fly for a living and may just need help outside of office hours. Love the drone but still despise DJI support (or lack thereof)

That sounds very worrying, what would happen if that area was inaccessible I can understand the drone not wanting to enter this zone, but to become unresponsive to forward & backward pitch is disturbing could lead to a Mavic 3 being lost quite easily if this is a glitch in the firmware. It almost sounds like it has entered the Geo Zone & didn't want to do anything but land, what was the warning zone ?

That sounds very worrying, what would happen if that area was inaccessible I can understand the drone not wanting to enter this zone, but to become unresponsive to forward & backward pitch is disturbing could lead to a Mavic 3 being lost quite easily if this is a glitch in the firmware. It almost sounds like it has entered the Geo Zone & didn't want to do anything but land, what was the warning zone ?
The warning zone was for an airport zone. The old "you are entering" warning but it was unlocked. The airport was plenty far away.

Out flying after the update with an unlock applied to an area. Drone gets to the edge of a warning zone and stops dead. No pitch forward. No back. Will only ascend and descend. NO RTH! Had to go to the M3s position and land safely. Of course its a weekend so support is closed which of course doesnt help those that fly for a living and may just need help outside of office hours. Love the drone but still despise DJI support (or lack thereof)
I've never heard of a DJI drone essentially "sticking" to the edge of a geofenced zone. Strange. Yeah RTH may not work, but manually backing away from the Geofence usually works. That's my experience anyway.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salvator419