DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New MA Owner But I Don't Have My Drone DJI Does Long Story

Okay I confused one site with the other. That is the site where I see no way to start a thread. I looked all over the page after I signed in, but there is no button to click on to start a post.?

Okay I confused one site with the other. That is the site where I see no way to start a thread. I looked all over the page after I signed in, but there is no button to click on to start a post.?
Giant button NEW THREAD

Wellsir ... going to the BBB paid off. I got a call from a manager from dji who apologized for all the trouble, and an email ... check it out.?

Dear Customer,
This message is from DJI Support. After testing your product, DJI has determined to provide you with free repair service. The repair is expected to be finished within 3 to 6 business days, after which the product will be sent back to you. Thank you for choosing DJI.
Updated invoice: Dear Customer, This product will be covered under warranty. We'll either repair it or replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability. For more information, please visit (After-Sales Service Policies - DJI).

Item List
Upper Decorative Cover (White)
Quantity: 1
Net Price : 1.00
Total Price: 1.00

Lower Cover Module
Net Price : 4.00
Total Price: 4.00

Front Right Arm (White)
Net Price : 13.00
Total Price: 13.00

Rear Right Arm
Net Price : 10.00
Total Price: 10.00

Gimbal Axis Arm Module
Net Price : 28.00
Total Price: 28.00

Upper Cover Module
Net Price : 4.00
Total Price: 4.00

Repair Service Fee
Quantity: 2
Net Price : 65.00
Total Price: 130.00

Tax

Shipping Cost

Total Amount

Discount

Total Payment (USD$)

Looks like they are replacing part that where not damage, but as long as it is under warranty as it should be I don't care. Many thanks to the BBB for helping with this problemThumbswayup

Wellsir ... I got my drone back today, and for the record the cover does not cover the bottom sensors.
Anyway all's well that ends well.
Now on to learn what to do and not do with the MA. ? If anyone can recommend a good thread on these subjects please do.?
P1040811(1).JPGP1040812(1).JPG

Glad you got the MA back finally!

After seeing the pictures, I stand by my possible explanation. That is far from a well fit, tight cover over the aircraft. I can easily see how something like that may come dislodged and block sensors or impact a prop.

If you want to protect the body of the aircraft, a stick on skin would be a better answer IMO.

Happy flying!

Reactions: slup
Wellsir ... I got my drone back today, and for the record the cover does not cover the bottom sensors.
Anyway all's well that ends well.
Now on to learn what to do and not do with the MA. ? If anyone can recommend a good thread on these subjects please do.?
View attachment 107943View attachment 107944

But the holes have a raised lip around them that could affect the sensors, just get rid of the silicone before you crash again.
The silicone looks like it blocks all the vents on the rear upper deck of the AC, which may cause some overheating issues

...After seeing the pictures, I stand by my possible explanation. That is far from a well fit, tight cover over the aircraft. I can easily see how something like that may come dislodged and block sensors or impact a prop ...

I'm prone to agree here ...

Below the coverage for the sensors from the manual ...

1594889743659.png

And here you probably have the culprit that disturbs the sensors making it report 0 height ...

1594889804108.png

The alignment of that cover is obviously not very accurate, the sensor holes are way off from center.
Screenshot_20200716-100708_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: lannes
I'm prone to agree here ...

Below the coverage for the sensors from the manual ...

View attachment 107961

And here you probably have the culprit that disturbs the sensors making it report 0 height ...

View attachment 107962

That silicone edge would get in the way of the 67degree field of view, especially if it could balloon and move around during flight.

Wellsir ... I certainly don't want to go through what I when through again so I will 86 the skin. I plan to check it out tomorrow if weather permits. I'm charging the batteries tonight. They didn't put on the propellers is there a special way that they have to be screwed on. I don't want them to come flying off. I know about the a and b arms. If it ask for a firmware update do I have to do it?:rolleyes:?

Wellsir ... I certainly don't want to go through what I when through again so I will 86 the skin. I plan to check it out tomorrow if weather permits. I'm charging the batteries tonight. They didn't put on the propellers is there a special way that they have to be screwed on. I don't want them to come flying off. I know about the a and b arms. If it ask for a firmware update do I have to do it?:rolleyes:?

1594932098949.png

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61