DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New MA2 Owner

Ran4

Reactions
Hi Folks. I've been bitten by the drone bug. About a month ago, I bought a pre-owned Spark, and it took only a few weeks before I knew that I wanted to upgrade to the MA2. Don't get me wrong, I think the Spark is a great little drone, and I intend to keep it for at least a while. But, once I flew the MA2, holy cow!

At any rate, I just wanted to check in as a new Mavic Air 2 owner. I'm learning about the drone whenever I can. One slight trouble I'm having is when using Active Track. I seem to be having difficulty drawing a box around my chosen subject. As I move my finger across the screen I find the gimble moving instead of initiating the 'draw a box' feature. Any tips are appreciated. Incidentally, I was unaware (until I first tried the Active Track Mode) that I could move the gimble using the touch screen.

Thanks,

Randy

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. You will find all sorts of support and helpful advice. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

As I move my finger across the screen I find the gimble moving instead of initiating the 'draw a box' feature. Any tips are appreciated. Incidentally, I was unaware (until I first tried the Active Track Mode) that I could move the gimble using the touch screen.

Thanks,

Randy
You will find it is a bit of a learning process and timing. If you put your finger on screen for a bit too long it goes into gimbal mode. Done quickly from one corner (Top Left) to opposite end corner (Bottom Right) will yield the box. Then quickly release and it will snap to subject. Just a tad of practice and you will get the timing down.. Best of luck and welcome to the site:) See video below to demonstration, forward to 1:38 for action, this is a 2 Pro but action is same ;).

Last edited:
Jeepers...thanks for the warm welcome, folks! We live in Charlotte, NC for roughly half of the year, and Port Saint Lucie, FL the other half (FL is our 'official' residence). I'm going again this afternoon to a park that has some nice wide open spaces to fly, and get myself more familiar with the MA2.

Thanks again!

Randy

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Ran4.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka