DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic 3 Owner

I also want to do mapping. I will learn on the mavic3 and then maybe go to the "mavic 2 advanced enterprise". I almost bought that one first but decided to go slow. I am 67 years young, ready to transition from my 45 year work as an apoliance service company owner, and I am looking into this as a retirement business. We shall see. 😊
I am connected with plantation companies to do area measurement surveys & topo work. There is a big learning curve & I am chipping away bit by bit. I can let you have what I know.
And btw it's almost always sunny in the tropics🌴

Any mavic 3 pilots here.

I am new to drones.

I will appreciate any advice or comments. And I don't mind a little ribbing about my lack of knowledge.

I am an old guy who has work with my hands for 45 years and I am planning a transition.

I have bern flying a little dtone my wife got for me that has tutned into a gayrway experience. I love flying.

I am getting ready yo take the 701 exam at this point.

I have yet to fly the mavic 3

Looking forward to your comments, questions and suggestions
Hey EagleHead, welcome aboard.
I myself am rather new at flying also. Similar to yourself, looking for a transition with work. though mine is after a serious motorcycle accident that has left me not being able to do me previous career.
There's heaps of great tutorials out the for a vast array of topics. Get amongst it champ..

Hey EagleHead, welcome aboard.
I myself am rather new at flying also. Similar to yourself, looking for a transition with work. though mine is after a serious motorcycle accident that has left me not being able to do me previous career.
There's heaps of great tutorials out the for a vast array of topics. Get amongst it champ..
This is a great transition for me.
It fits my style.
It is challenging and absorbing and it exercises my creative bent.
I have been literally been dreaming of flying.
I have a very large practice area in which I can practice flight maneuvers...flying in circles with the cam facing various directions. Flying squares and figure 8's amd climbing and descending paterns...spirals atr vety difficult but I am getting better rapidly.
I have study guides from the faa to prepare for the 107 test...lots of reading but I am enjoying this.
My son is a Naval aviator and it is fun to tell him I am studying for my Pilot Cettificate. 😊
I have bern ae to stap a few imagrs and I am very impressed with tje cameras on the Mavic 3.
I have attached an image of my practice area.

Attachments

• 20220109_135330.jpg
    20220109_135330.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
I also want to do mapping. I will learn on the mavic3 and then maybe go to the "mavic 2 advanced enterprise". I almost bought that one first but decided to go slow. I am 67 years young, ready to transition from my 45 year work as an apoliance service company owner, and I am looking into this as a retirement business. We shall see. 😊
Wow I am a younger twin it seems. Many years in appliance repair and moving into drones! Cheers

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d