DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic air 2 owners be aware of first battery charge!

Mine charged fine on the hub. Same as all other DJI craft I’ve owned.

87 DJI drones. It’s not the hub. Batteries are in a “Coma”. They need refreshing by force.

Your dealer should be able to help you out.

If you buy direct you are hosed!

And it won’t feel good either. You are guilty till proven innocent in china.
Yeah buying from DJI was a mistake on my part...I should know better by now! They have some of the worst customer support in human history.

Reactions: NevadaFlyer
I charged like I do all of my other FlyMore combos, now I have a bricked battery. Bad design plain and simple, atleast put a big Red sticker over the hub stating to charge using the cable the first go around.
Sticker? "Warning, unplanned bug in firmware!"
This is a nasty bug, not a design issue. So there is no sticker. Its one reason I watched and read like crazy wanting for the delayed and slow FedEx truck last weekend.
And since it works for some people odds are there is something else going on like an early removal or interruption or something. But it could just be random. I saw the video and charged all three one at a time until activated.

Reactions: AtortPhotography
Sticker? "Warning, unplanned bug in firmware!"
This is a nasty bug, not a design issue. So there is no sticker. Its one reason I watched and read like crazy wanting for the delayed and slow FedEx truck last weekend.
And since it works for some people odds are there is something else going on like an early removal or interruption or something. But it could just be random. I saw the video and charged all three one at a time until activated.
That would make far too much sense for a company like DJI....they really are a love/hate relationship.

I am experiencing same problem. One battery is flashing green (top light) and "battery communication" error in drone. Checking with vendor now. BTW: I single charged each battery and this one just went awry.

Reactions: Chrislaf
I am experiencing same problem. One battery is flashing green (top light) and "battery communication" error in drone. Checking with vendor now. BTW: I single charged each battery and this one just went awry.
Same thing happened to me, but I did use the hub for the initial charge because kind of made sense to me and I'm sure most having 3 batteries total and a charging hub for 3 BATTERIES! Ugh. I have the top green light flashing too and tried to see what happened when I put it in my drone today and attempted to fly and rendered the drone useless. These were the errors I got.IMG_4156.PNGIMG_4157.PNG

Reactions: "Speedy"
I searched around and found this youtube: DJI Mavic Air 2 Battery Problem and Solution. Something you may wish to consider?
I gave it a try and it works, for me. It is an easy 3 minute on (while flashing) in drone (with latest firmware), set battery aside "off" for 3 minutes and then single charge to full. All four lights are now on and the battery is "woke". I am ready to fly in the morning. Wish you well.

Reactions: AtortPhotography
I searched around and found this youtube: DJI Mavic Air 2 Battery Problem and Solution. Something you may wish to consider?
I gave it a try and it works, for me. It is an easy 3 minute on (while flashing) in drone (with latest firmware), set battery aside "off" for 3 minutes and then single charge to full. All four lights are now on and the battery is "woke". I am ready to fly in the morning. Wish you well.
I have nothing to lose I will try tonight...thank you.

On a good note I flew mine this evening and the Mavic Air 2 flies amazing to me! I have a Mavic 2 Zoom too and honestly prefer the Mavic Air 2.....the 48MP raw files rock too....super stoked minus the lame battery bs. Have fun flying!

Also tested the battery in the drone....and no warning signal. I feel like I am good to go.
That battery that was giving me issues and had the top green led flashing now has all led’s off and had zero anything so maybe went back into hibernation mode? I have on the charger now so we shall see what happens. I’m still going to send into DJI they already issued me a return label.

Man, I was too distracted yesterday, mutitasking and did a quick battery charging video from dji and connected like it the video didn't think about until the next day. Next question if it doesn't ask for a update on battery does that tell me I'll have a problem or is the problem going to be the battery will do nothing (bricked). What about the other two that are in hibernation, charge without hub and will it ask for update? The battery in question looks to be working fine so far, too windy to fly for first flight today. Comments.

Man, I was too distracted yesterday, mutitasking and did a quick battery charging video from dji and connected like it the video didn't think about until the next day. Next question if it doesn't ask for a update on battery does that tell me I'll have a problem or is the problem going to be the battery will do nothing (bricked). What about the other two that are in hibernation, charge without hub and will it ask for update? The battery in question looks to be working fine so far, too windy to fly for first flight today. Comments.
Yes charge the other two with the single charger NOT the hub and then put each in drone and power on as usual and you should get a battery firmware update if they need them. As for the other one that seems bricked put in drone and attempt to power on...even though it won't most likely....and then let sit and should go into hibernation again. Then charge with single charger and do the same. Or call DJI and request a replacement they will for you.

I hate to admit I didn't know about the warning and charged all 3 at once. The only thing I have noticed is they do discharge quicker than I would like. Is there a way to fix my error?

I had gotten mine prior to the issue being brought to light, I'm glad I didn't use it. But can't lie I did try it after hearing about people having problems mine just doesn't charge..light changes from greenish to red then blinks like every 30 seconds. But the battery lights didn't show anything and decided to toss it in the drawer out of sight so I wouldn't try anymore troubleshooting.
@Springerdog1 maybe start from scratch and don't use use it till it's sorted out. I (think) someone on youtube ruined 2 and was asked to send them back left with one..DJI wouldn't offer him any other option. He offered to buy 2 at discount while his were shipped but nah. That's a bummer.

Last edited:
I hate to admit I didn't know about the warning and charged all 3 at once. The only thing I have noticed is they do discharge quicker than I would like. Is there a way to fix my error?
What’s your definition of “discharge quicker”? What sort of flight times are you getting? Or are you talking about discharging when not in use? If it’s the later, they’re supposed to.

Down to 96% after 24 hrs
Down to 60% after 5 days

Reactions: Yanix
I charged all 3 of mine individually
Had no problem with any of them
What I don't understand is what difference does it make.
You put 3 batteries on the hub after flying
Hub is connected to the same charger
And it only charges 1 at a time anyway
Am I missing something?

Negative ghostrider, not a single thing. Read about one who left all 3 for a few hours thinking they were fully all fully charged and ready , decided to drive 4 1/2 hrs. out to scenic city and film the adventure only to arrive and realize he had 3 corrupted batteries. The highlight of his day was seeing all the blinking led's. If I'm not mistaken the quick-start shows 1 battery and controller to wall charger, but I just look at the pictures it's quicker.

Negative ghostrider, not a single thing. Read about one who left all 3 for a few hours thinking they were fully all fully charged and ready , decided to drive 4 1/2 hrs. out to scenic city and film the adventure only to arrive and realize he had 3 corrupted batteries. The highlight of his day was seeing all the blinking led's. If I'm not mistaken the quick-start shows 1 battery and controller to wall charger, but I just look at the pictures it's quicker.
Correct
FA820BCA-576C-4E98-B65B-E52B046331D5.jpeg

Reactions: "Speedy"
How you tell the battery is awake? How do you know you charged up enough?

flight controller how do you know it is charged up?

no instructions

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman