DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic air 2 owners be aware of first battery charge!

How you tell the battery is awake? How do you know you charged up enough?

flight controller how do you know it is charged up?

no instructions
User manual can be downloaded via the sticky link at the top of the Mavic Air 2 Help forum... its in many languages

Well I did it as required and batteries won't take to the hub. Manual shows starting furthest slot out but gave up on messing with it.. I was thinking about giving it away.

How you tell the battery is awake? How do you know you charged up enough?

flight controller how do you know it is charged up?

no instructions
When battery is in hibernation/ sleep, pressing the button does nothing. I think it’s because it’s under 5% charge (could be a little higher). When placed on the single charger(not hub ) eventually the green light will one on, then 2nd etc till all 4 green leds are solid.
Controller wise has the leds on which flash till all solid .

Charging the controller and battery of my new MA2. Both are flashing 4 lights. How do I know when they're fully charged. Do the lights stay lit with no flashing on either controller or battery?

Charging the controller and battery of my new MA2. Both are flashing 4 lights. How do I know when they're fully charged. Do the lights stay lit with no flashing on either controller or battery?

I don't own a MA2, but normally all four lights are solid when charged. If in doubt simply remove the charge cable and do a light tap (Once) on your battery. It will indicate full charge with 4 solid lights. On Controller my lights go out when fully charged. Again just turn on your equipment and the App reads out both controller and aircraft charge...does it not?

No Offense but isn't his stuff in your owners manual? I printed mine out and highlighted points of interest with all my DJI aircraft.

The lights completely go off when fully charged.

i never read that in the manual and i did read that before doing anything !! i charged my batteries using the hub but they got charged individually ! i hope i didnt do something bad !!...

i never read that in the manual and i did read that before doing anything !! i charged my batteries using the hub but they got charged individually ! i hope i didnt do something bad !!...

There was a mistake in the "Wakeup" procedure of some of the early batteries, and if you charged them the first time from the hub, they sometimes did not wake up. Later ones work fine.

So, the question is, Now that I have 3 brand new bricked batteries (because I did the initial charge on the hub), what is the fix. I tried the 3 minutes on the Air 2, then 3 minutes turned off, then charged individually. Nothing. Battery still inserted incorrectly"". Is there a way now to fix this problem. I currently own 5 other DJI drones and have hundreds of flights with my Inspire 1s and Matrice M100s.

So, the question is, Now that I have 3 brand new bricked batteries (because I did the initial charge on the hub), what is the fix. I tried the 3 minutes on the Air 2, then 3 minutes turned off, then charged individually. Nothing. Battery still inserted incorrectly"". Is there a way now to fix this problem. I currently own 5 other DJI drones and have hundreds of flights with my Inspire 1s and Matrice M100s.

When did you buy the Mavic Air 2? This issue should have been fixed for any units shipped out after the first batch came out last year.

If your batteries really did get bricked, the only resolution involves contacting DJI and having them replace the batteries under warranty.

Reactions: pelagic_one
When did you buy the Mavic Air 2? This issue should have been fixed for any units shipped out after the first batch came out last year.

If your batteries really did get bricked, the only resolution involves contacting DJI and having them replace the batteries under warranty.
I just received it yesterday. March 8th, 2021. Apparently it is too much work to let new Air 2 owners know that there might be an issue using the hub to charge. Nothing written from DJI that I have seen in the documentation. I currently own and fly 3 Inspire 1s and 2 matrice M100s that I fly professionally.

If you are getting a the battery installation error message on all 3 batteries, that is more likely an issue with the sensor than the fact that all 3 are bricked.

Reactions: dawgpilot
I just received it yesterday. March 8th, 2021. Apparently it is too much work to let new Air 2 owners know that there might be an issue using the hub to charge. Nothing written from DJI that I have seen in the documentation. I currently own and fly 3 Inspire 1s and 2 matrice M100s that I fly professionally.
I agree with z28lt1 above, I don't think this has anything to do with your batteries being "bricked". Seems more likely that your drone itself is defective.

Reactions: Marcass Carcass
I also just received my fly more kit last week and all the batteries worked fine. The hub only charges one battery at a time.

Glad to see this end positive!! I opened my MA2 fly more last Friday, I charged all 3 batts on the hub '1 flashing to 4 solid' each. Flew 75 min Saturday... I guess I got lucky... as others

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven