DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Air Firmware Released

I haven't done this upgrade. seeing that this is the aircraft firmware, I don't suppose I gotta run it through all of the 3 batteries I have.

Or do I?

I updated two batteries and the third battery said good to go twice which I knew was wrong. The third time I loaded DJI-4 it caught the download needed. So all is well.
I wish they would upgrade the WIFI. Mine is not so hot. Anyone else have a problem? It seems to be better on my Spark which makes me wonder.

After the update I noticed some new No-Fly zones in my area. I place I used to fly before the firmware update changed to a no-fly and the map had additional circles. I was able to go through authorization ok but now I will have to every time. :(

Looks for me that FCC-mode not working anymore after firmwareupdate[emoji849]

After install firmware v.560 I can´t use precision takeoff anymore. When I check the dialog box for "precision takeoff" the app opens up a dialog box like in this picture and I can pass it o check the slider bar to take off like before firmware update it just give me the option to "cancel". it´s just me or it´s a bug?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190305-144123.jpg
    Screenshot_20190305-144123.jpg
    715.8 KB · Views: 94
After install firmware v.560 I can´t use precision takeoff anymore. When I check the dialog box for "precision takeoff" the app opens up a dialog box like in this picture and I can pass it o check the slider bar to take off like before firmware update it just give me the option to "cancel". it´s just me or it´s a bug?
Precision take off still works for me after the update

Precision take off still works for me after the update
thanks for your answer, i suspect it´s a problem with the translation of the app to spanish, because my app is in spanish but this diaolg box is in english so... I will contact with DJI maybe is a bug in the app and is not related to the firmware.

Reactions: nalo_b
If I had a battery that went from 54% to 0 instantly (from reading, this sounds like a common problem), how can I ensure that all of the batteries I own get updated (assuming this update has anything to do with the battery’s firmware as well)?

I had one that did this, it wasnt in flight fortunately but I saw it before my own eyes drop from around 60% to some absurdly low number. The battery itself was in no danger as the cell voltages remained near 4v, just the BMS thought there was no power left in the battery. After a few deep cycle/recharges it was fine. However it developed another issue where its estimated RTH would drop to half and the drone would want to return with 80% battery remaining (drone was barely 500m away). Again after approx 10 cycles the problem went away and I must have got maybe 80cycles before I sold it, battery worked fine when I did so unsure what was going on with that one. It just seemed to have a few strange anomalies in its first 10-20cycles.

Going from 60% to 0 would result in a forced landing and that could end badly depending where you were at that time inflight. Strange to see them deploy a fix a whole year after it started occuring.

Does this firmware automatically upgrades the batteries?
Yes and no. It DOES upgrade the batteries, but each one must be done manually, shutting down the aircraft and swapping out each battery. So, it's not "automatic".

Reactions: ABHIII
Yes and no. It DOES upgrade the batteries, but each one must be done manually, shutting down the aircraft and swapping out each battery. So, it's not "automatic".

Is there anyway to check the Battery firmware too?

Is there anyway to check the Battery firmware too?
No, not that I can tell. Only way is to put the battery into the Mavic Air, start it up and check for updates. If there are any, DJI Assistant will offer to apply them. That's the only way to tell if they're already updated, as far as I could see.

Reactions: ABHIII
I updated my mavic air with the latest firmware. It flew without any issues. But the return to home button on the remote doesn't seem to function. Is it due to firmware update?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure