DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Air owner

Mavic Mo

Reactions
I flown it about 3 times, and I do not have any complaints. Are there any issues i should be concerned with?
Thank you.

Reactions: Lakebum4ever
A lot of issues are dependent on the equipment, software, and firmware being used so it is difficult to get specific. In general, most issues are pilot created by not reading and understanding the operating manual and the various Go 4 settings, disregarding various warning messages, and not understanding wind conditions at different heights.

Reactions: orgpaya
Most frequent issue, for some people, seems to be its failure to do, or retain, a Compass Calibration.

Excessive Compass Calibration This is but one thread regarding the issue.
Yes, I have that issue, and often I have to do the calibration process 3 or 4 times before it sticks.

But overall, extremely happy with the MA. I never cease to be astonished by the capability of that tiny camera.

Be very careful when putting the USB plug into the micro USB PORT when you charge the remote as it can be easily damaged and I believe it costs around $80 to repair. I found this cable (AliExpress.com) that has a magnetic USB plug one one end the fits this socket and the socket can not be damaged.
TOPK 2.4A Magnetic Micro USB Cable , Upgraded Nylon Braided LED Indicator USB Charge Cable for Micro USB Phones

Last edited:
Reactions: NAVMAV
Yeah, we've done that too... after mulching our original controller's port - far too soon, in our opinion. Sadly, DJI is unsympathetic about that sort of thing.

Do the above NOW, don't wait for trouble, cuz it will be coming.

Rgds, NAVMAV

Invest in the $10 range "extender", and dont try anything crazy for a long time.

Think he's simply suggesting a 'Range Extender' would be a good first accessory, but in this case it probably isn't needed... yet.

The OP merely wants to get off the ground without encountering Pitfalls, have some fun with his new Bird. He'll no doubt hang out around his own Turf for a while.

Rgds, NAVMAV

Hi, I have no idea what you're talking about. Thankyou
There is a cheap little plastic "range extender" that slides onto the antenae of the remote. Ive been using it for a bit now and I don't think it extends range but I do think its making less succeptible to interferance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenshin