DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Air pilot from Swansea, Wales, UK

Z_drone

Reactions
Hi guys,

New pilots check in. Live in Swansea. Did anyone fly drones in Rhossili bay? I plan to fly my drone there for the first time next week. I need some advice about this fly. Do I have to get the permission from someone before I fly it in Rhossili bay? Any suggestions in south Wales greatly appreciated!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Reactions: hook296
Z, Welcome
as far as I know, the area between high and low tide on any UK Beach is owned by the Crown and there is a blanket permission for Drone Use.
Local councils can make bye-Laws that expressely forbid Drones, but they seem rare and in some cases of dubious legality.
I don't know specifically about Rhossili, but unless there is signage stating otherwise I would take it a s being Legal
I have flown from Swansea bay and even seen the police flying from the Beach.

Of course you still need to obey the 50m rule and have consideration for others enjoyment of the beach

Z, Welcome
as far as I know, the area between high and low tide on any UK Beach is owned by the Crown and there is a blanket permission for Drone Use.
Local councils can make bye-Laws that expressely forbid Drones, but they seem rare and in some cases of dubious legality.
I don't know specifically about Rhossili, but unless there is signage stating otherwise I would take it a s being Legal
I have flown from Swansea bay and even seen the police flying from the Beach.

Of course you still need to obey the 50m rule and have consideration for others enjoyment of the beach

Thanks for your reply. Greatly appreciate it!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hi guys,

New pilots check in. Live in Swansea. Did anyone fly drones in Rhossili bay? I plan to fly my drone there for the first time next week. I need some advice about this fly. Do I have to get the permission from someone before I fly it in Rhossili bay? Any suggestions in south Wales greatly appreciated!

3 Cliffs and Pennard Castle would be another good flight zone in the area.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_