DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Air Pilot from Sydney, Australia

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup
Thanks, have had a bit of a look around and certainly not shy if I have any questions or can help or add to conversations.

Hi All, new to flying UAV's and recently got a Mavic Air (flymore pack). Will be flying around the Sydney Australia area to start with. Only done a couple of short test flights so far, but enjoying it and looking to do many more.
Dont plan on flying to far you will prob get about 300 meters with the mavic air absolute rubbish

Reactions: old man mavic
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.
The Air is a fine aircraft and flies with quite reasonable distance and reliability.
Your mileage may vary in wifi riddled urban environments, and in places that limit LOS for wifi signal to aircraft, . . . but if you know the capabilities and limits of any make / model drone, you will get great results from it.
You’re all up with where you’re able to fly in Sydney ?
Limited but doable, to keep out of trouble.

Dont plan on flying to far you will prob get about 300 meters with the mavic air absolute rubbish
The WiFi is certainly a limitation (especially in urban area). This is my first UAV, so started with a cheaper one knowing the limitations until l decide I really have the time and ability for one of the more professional ones. Also the Air is very portable for on the motorbike and a mate has one and seems to be pretty good. I use the 5Ghz wifi usually, so far seems stable in the areas I have gone. I am happy to keep LOS for now anyway.

Welcome to the forum.
The Air is a fine aircraft and flies with quite reasonable distance and reliability.
Your mileage may vary in wifi riddled urban environments, and in places that limit LOS for wifi signal to aircraft, . . . but if you know the capabilities and limits of any make / model drone, you will get great results from it.
You’re all up with where you’re able to fly in Sydney ?
Limited but doable, to keep out of trouble.
So far it seems certainly capable for what I am doing and my abilities at present. The 5ghz wifi seems less likely to get interference around the areas I have been so far anyway. Yep think I have all the rules and areas to fly. Have got Open Sky app, UAV Forecast, etc. Have a couple of Heli pads near but just keep an eye out and am far enough from the airports of note. I tend to be a quick study and have read up on all the rules, areas of issue and manual. Lots of practice flights to go though. I have some great open areas by High Voltage transmission lines run through are so am seeing how much space I have before interference issues etc. Is a short drive to river and clearer areas so plenty of place that are ok (just need to get more time when weather ok) . My research before I got it indicated none are perfect and wifi has limits but for $$ seems good value for me.

Shouldn’t be too bad, my Spark seems fine in urban places, I tend to fly within a km or so.
Usually I fly beaches, parks, river courses, so not too close to buildings etc.
sounds like you’ve got a good understanding of the right way to fly, so many happy returns (of the Air [emoji51]).

Reactions: Mutli
G'day and welcome. Have fun with the drone and the forum. Cheers KevG

Reactions: Mutli
Hi All, new to flying UAV's and recently got a Mavic Air (flymore pack). Will be flying around the Sydney Australia area to start with. Only done a couple of short test flights so far, but enjoying it and looking to do many more.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Air, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest