DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Arrived today...

harleymhs

Reactions
Hey Guys, Just received my Mavic Pro today.. Getting ready to Maiden In the Morning.. Coming out of a P3P so not my 1st drone.. Any helpful tips before I head out in the morning would be helpful.. I read in a few places that this camera has to be focused .. does this apply to video as well? Thanks in advance..

Hey Guys, Just received my Mavic Pro today.. Getting ready to Maiden In the Morning.. Coming out of a P3P so not my 1st drone.. Any helpful tips before I head out in the morning would be helpful.. I read in a few places that this camera has to be focused .. does this apply to video as well? Thanks in advance..
when did you place the order and when did it ship out? which site did you order it from?

Ordered from DJI direct.. Ordered a week ago and arrived today direct from China.. Fed EX overnight..

Someone can correct me. But I thought I read with the latest firmware upgrade the focus now defaults to something like your P3P rather than having to manually focus. I'm sorry I don't know the terminology for that.

Having a P4, what I notice different is the way it lands. It descends till about 2' off the ground, momentarily stops then continues to land. Its like a landing air brake. Caught me off guard the first couple times, thought it was a problem but apparently its normal. Just keep the left stick "down" till it lands.

Other than getting used to a different remote and memorizing where the buttons are, its very similar to the Phantoms.

Someone can correct me. But I thought I read with the latest firmware upgrade the focus now defaults to something like your P3P rather than having to manually focus. I'm sorry I don't know the terminology for that.

Having a P4, what I notice different is the way it lands. It descends till about 2' off the ground, momentarily stops then continues to land. Its like a landing air brake. Caught me off guard the first couple times, thought it was a problem but apparently its normal. Just keep the left stick "down" till it lands.

Other than getting used to a different remote and memorizing where the buttons are, its very similar to the Phantoms.

Thank u, it just arrived today from China direct from DJI so maybe I have the updated firmware ... will fire it up in the morning inside set it up and see how it goes , then head outside .. thanks for the heads up with the air brakes lol

All went well on the 1st flight... BUT I noticed that the Forward Vision System Icon Red when flying outside under GPS... All the sensor settings are set to on.. It was sunny out and still RED Icon on the top of my phone and no forward sensor bars on my iphone screen.. Any thoughts ? Thanks!

Reactions: SkeeterHarris
There's a plastic on the camera's of the forward visioning system. Did you remove them?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Always set your Return to Home altitude to higher than anything that may be an obstacle encountered in your area of flight .

There is also a small piece of plastic that's thin on top of the gimbal. Some remove it and some do not.
In the latest firmware the Mavic focuses on the center of screen once the record button is pressed . You may also tap the screen to focus or press the lower right button on the remote control to center focus .

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using MavicPilots mobile app

Some quick shots from the 2nd flight today

Attachments

• DJI_0017.JPG
    DJI_0017.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 73
  • DJI_0019.JPG
    DJI_0019.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 71
  • DJI_0023.JPG
    DJI_0023.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 71
Glad to see you guys getting your shipments in. I'm still checking my email every 5 mins for my shipping notifications. Lol. Have fun and Congrats!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: harleymhs
Glad to see you guys getting your shipments in. I'm still checking my email every 5 mins for my shipping notifications. Lol. Have fun and Congrats!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

When did you order yours? And From Where?

I placed my order on 1/6/17 and it arrived FED EX overnight 1/20/17

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan