DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Low Noise Props - TESTED - Longer and quieter ?

Yes it worked for me. Let us know how it works
Thanks

Somebody on YouTube did a full audio spectrum analysis of the new platinum props and, whilst the overall noise reduction is nice, there is also an almost elimination of a particularly high frequency - that high pitched 'whine' (like a mosquito) you got from the stock props. For me, this is best thing about the new props.

I found no difference in performance with the knock-off low-noise props I got on eBay. I then purchased the DJI factory low noise props and noticed a decrease in noise. I also set a personal record flight time and distance the first time I flew them in Sport Mode.

The DJI props have a flexible tip. The knock-off brand did not.

Lett verticale be at 100%
And work your way down to 89-91% on the other 3
You just lett the drone hower infront of you and when the gimbale Shake disapeare you are OK

Reactions: Prado man
I found no difference in performance with the knock-off low-noise props I got on eBay. I then purchased the DJI factory low noise props and noticed a decrease in noise. I also set a personal record flight time and distance the first time I flew them in Sport Mode.

The DJI props have a flexible tip. The knock-off brand did not.

Are the tips make of the same material as the blades? I got the ebay none DJI platinum props, and the sound generated is "softer" then the stock DJI pro.

I have been flying the Platinum Pro props on my Mavic Pro for about 3 months. I would confirm what DJI promises with slightly reduced noise levels and slightly longer flight time, however they perform significantly worse if there is wind above 10 mph. I could fly fairly confidently in winds up to 20-30 mph with the original props in regular flight mode, and in 30-40 mph winds in sport mode. With the Platinun pro props I am struggling to move upwind when winds are above 20 mph.

Many people would think it crazy to fly in this type of windy conditions, although I would argue the Mavic can handle it if you leave yourself plenty of room to land, practice a lot, and keep your distance from immovable objects and there are a lot of cool places in the world where you regularly get winds like this (e.g., most coastal environments).

Safe flying everyone.

I agree 100% and I have since gone back to the original props. No one seems to talk about the wind issue and I'm glad you brought it up. I also get a gimble vibration often with the low noise props. I will take a bit more noise for the better performance any day!

Reactions: edmonds217
Looks like quieter and longer... but not by much. I wonder how much "real world" difference these will make in both noise and flight time.
I just got mine in today i cant believe hiw much quiter they are. I was truly surprised at the amount of difference YouTube doesn't do it justice

I have the DJI brand props, and I think it is much quitter- especially 50 feet and above. I strap the blades with some Velcro wraps when I fold it up. These work better than the plastic prop guards.
velcro.jpg

Reactions: Seanjo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54