DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Low Noise Props - TESTED - Longer and quieter ?

If you don't care you should probably get your hearing tested ... :)

I think in a non diplomatic way he is just saying the mavic is pretty quite with stock props. I kind of agree but for $20 it’s certainly worth buying it. It’s just not a high priority item for me. I can wait until Amazon has 2 day delivery on them.

Rob

I did, they said that were in stock, that was almost 2 weeks ago. So, they are not in stock.
Payment shows being accepted, not yet shipped.

This limited stock thing is a sales tactic. When something highly desired is always low in stock it creates more sales.

I think in a non diplomatic way he is just saying the mavic is pretty quite with stock props. I kind of agree but for $20 it’s certainly worth buying it. It’s just not a high priority item for me. I can wait until Amazon has 2 day delivery on them.

Rob

Right on.
Eventually anyone that flies their Mavic regularly will need new props sooner or later, so why not buy the improved version when that time comes, only a couple bucks more. Or have them as a spare set.

Prop design is big factor in performance.
DJI revisiting the design and making it better is commendable. I have no doubt that it is quieter but often there are trade offs.

The lower RPM is due to greater pitch angle of the prop but that does not necessarily mean a power savings as the torque requirement is increased and therefore the motors are drawing more current for any given RPM.

If the motors can handle it the top speed should increase but that is not a given as the motors may cap out at a lower RPM. Also heating issues may occur sooner if driven hard.

I am looking forward to a long distance test comparison at full throttle. That should reveal a lot of useful data.

Rob

Hey Rob, I was last week at DJI‘s customers experience store in New York and I asked them if they had the new props because I wanted them.
The seller asked if I had the platinum because the new props aren’t designed for the 1st Mavic and if I want to use them for the old one I’m gonna destroy the motors.
He said that the motors for the platinum are bigger(22) than the motors(16) from the 1st Mavic .

What do you think about that?

Hey Rob, I was last week at DJI‘s customers experience store in New York and I asked them if they had the new props because I wanted them.
The seller asked if I had the platinum because the new props aren’t designed for the 1st Mavic and if I want to use them for the old one I’m gonna destroy the motors.
He said that the motors for the platinum are bigger(22) than the motors(16) from the 1st Mavic .

I know the new props made my MP motors really HOT!

Reactions: dsmpampis
That is why am saying that. Maybe the new props are not after all for the first Mavic pro.

Oh boy! :eek::eek::eek:
Man DJI is gonna have a law suit on their hands if so. Thousands and thousands of folks probably already ordered these for the old Mavic Pro.
I really hope these things ARE made for the new Mavic, and maybe a firmware or software update is the key. If people have overheating motors and are not using any mods and external battery packs saddle bagging on board, this is gonna be a problem.

So does anyone here actually have the new Mavic Pro Platinum and can chime in? I wonder if the motors are running hot on that also? Or does the ESC change fix that issue?

Reactions: lion

Dirkclod is right but now you have me wondering if DJI really tested them properly with the Mavic? It may work but is it going to keep my motors very hot and then eventually I will have a mid air failure? It would be nice if someone with the props do a test to see the motor temp difference between the two.

Rob

Reactions: lion and dsmpampis
Tests so far seem to be showing between 1 and maybe maybe 3 db difference in noise. Although from what i've seen so far, not a single person has done a properly controlled test with properly calibrated measuring devices so its impossible to get an actual figure.

Tests also have to be run multiple times to reduce noise such as the charge not being 100% accurate,wind, weather, transmission power causing current drain etc.

That aside, a 1 to 3 db reduction is going to be completely imperceptible for a humans ear in terms of loudness.

dBA?

I have been flying the Platinum Pro props on my Mavic Pro for about 3 months. I would confirm what DJI promises with slightly reduced noise levels and slightly longer flight time, however they perform significantly worse if there is wind above 10 mph. I could fly fairly confidently in winds up to 20-30 mph with the original props in regular flight mode, and in 30-40 mph winds in sport mode. With the Platinun pro props I am struggling to move upwind when winds are above 20 mph.

Many people would think it crazy to fly in this type of windy conditions, although I would argue the Mavic can handle it if you leave yourself plenty of room to land, practice a lot, and keep your distance from immovable objects and there are a lot of cool places in the world where you regularly get winds like this (e.g., most coastal environments).

Safe flying everyone.

I have been flying the Platinum Pro props on my Mavic Pro for about 3 months. I would confirm what DJI promises with slightly reduced noise levels and slightly longer flight time, however they perform significantly worse if there is wind above 10 mph. I could fly fairly confidently in winds up to 20-30 mph with the original props in regular flight mode, and in 30-40 mph winds in sport mode. With the Platinun pro props I am struggling to move upwind when winds are above 20 mph.

Many people would think it crazy to fly in this type of windy conditions, although I would argue the Mavic can handle it if you leave yourself plenty of room to land, practice a lot, and keep your distance from immovable objects and there are a lot of cool places in the world where you regularly get winds like this (e.g., most coastal environments).

Safe flying everyone.
I confirm precisely the same thing. Today I use the low noise props for the first time in my MP and coincidentally in a windy day. Immediately I feel the struggle the Mavic has against the wind.

I got my Mavic for Christmas and I never order the new props but I received a set in the mail yesterday. I wonder how that happened.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan