DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Mini crasher

michaelfisher

Reactions
Is DJI Right or Wrong??????
I recently bought a Mavic Mini (Combo). Found that my fingers are too fat to use it with my iPhone XR.
Got interested in buying an iPad 4 with Cellular and WIFI. The idea is to buy a refurbished iPad 4 with Cellular + WiFi as cheaply as possible and dedicate it to flying the Mavic Mini.
Contacted DJI to confirm if that will work.
DJI said it will NOT work with the Mavic Mini and Controller with the DJI Fly app. Can't understand that because the are many youtube and other posts that use the iPad Mini 4 with the Mavic Mini.
Does anyone on here have a working Mavic Mini setup with the iPad Mini 4 (Cellular + WiFi)?
What's the minimum specification for the iPad 4 to ensure that ALL the Mavic Mini's functions work in flight?
What iOS versions work?
Any Pros, Cons or recommendations?

Reactions: Wild Wayne
Is DJI Right or Wrong??????

Welcome to the forum! The iPad mini 4 will work. The IOS app is for iPhone but works on iPads.

here are a few discussions:

The idea is to buy a refurbished iPad 4 with Cellular + WiFi
If you are talking about an iPad (4th Generation) it will not work with DJI Fly app.
Whereas an iPad Mini 4 runs DJI Fly.

Does anyone on here have a working Mavic Mini setup with the iPad Mini 4 (Cellular + WiFi)?
I did. (Now I switched from a Mini 4 to an iPad Mini 5)

What's the minimum specification for the iPad 4 to ensure that ALL the Mavic Mini's functions work in flight?
Again, do not mix the iPad (4th Gen.) with an iPad Mini 4.

What iOS versions work?
iOS 10.0.0 onwards

Any Pros, Cons or recommendations?
Get an iPad Mini 4 - done.

Reactions: michaelfisher
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member