DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic owner

Topdogg

Reactions
Hello everyone...just posting because i bought myself a Mavic yesterday. I finally got everything upgraded and i got it registered. Took it up for about 5 mins but i must admit...im a little nervous as i dont want to crash this thing as it cost $1000. Im sure that i will get used to it after i keep tinkering with it.

Hello everyone...just posting because i bought myself a Mavic yesterday. I finally got everything upgraded and i got it registered. Took it up for about 5 mins but i must admit...im a little nervous as i dont want to crash this thing as it cost $1000. Im sure that i will get used to it after i keep tinkering with it.
We have all been there one time or another in the hobbie. Take your time and your will get use to it in no time.

So, I liken it to anything else new with a decent amount of money, investment and risk. Take short little flights and read & research in between flights. Your confidence will build up, but never lose respect. Stay humble to what you are still learning, but enjoy it, it is supposed to be fun!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Howdy from Wyoming Topdogg, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome! I'm a new mavic owner as well! I hope you have a great time learning flying!

Welcome to the family. They say the best lessons are the bought ones. I purchased my Mavic Pro about a week ago and I tried to be smarter than the RTH feature. It beeped and told me to return to home because of the battery getting low and I said just one more minute. Well didn't realized I was that far out so my Mavic didn't make it all the way back. It went down in the middle of the highway. Luckily no one was hurt and the Mavic only suffered a few bumps and bruises but my gimbal was damaged. Thank go for DJI Refresh.... Waiting to hear how much damage.

Learn your Drone and the limits it can do....

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post . :)

Thx for the welcome everyone...im sure that I will get used to it. Saying that this thing is amazing is an understatement. Can't wait to learn all the features and capabilities.

Welcome....... Do you fly much?

I've only flown 3 times. The first one I got told to stop cause I was at a parking lot. I did fly on the beach July 4th though, the first time NOT in beginner mode and it was amazing. Though I was scared to go too far. :D

I'm still a little nervous a little as well. I read all the threads about disconnecting in flight and crashing, etc.... lol

I'm still a little nervous a little as well. I read all the threads about disconnecting in flight and crashing, etc.... lol

Tbh, It scares me too! But it helps that my friend owns a mavic and the kind of gave me a little boost of confidence. But we'll never get better at flying if we don't do things that scare us a little bit. :D

Welcome. I have had my Mavic since December and I admit, I still get nervous before I fly. It goes away as soon as I get airborne.

Take it easy and slow until you get comfortable and confident. This is an amazing piece of technology and, like all of us, u will experience a crash or two. Just hopefully it won't be too bad.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329