DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New mavic P2 availability??

Tridiver

Reactions
Having not been around with the launch of the current MP, how was the availability and lead times?? What do you think is going to happen with the MavPro 2?? Does DJI ship to dealers first to let them sell initially before going to the mass merchants?? My friend just got a MPP for a present but thinks he will be able to get the P2 soon and wants to send the platinum back, and I'm thinking it's going to be a while till anyone can get one. Does anyone have any input?? Thx Bolton

Even if there was a mavic 2 coming, the original mavic launch was chaos. Nobody had stock, even DJI themselves, waiting list of 3 months etc etc
agreed,and lots of complaining because the Evo took 2 weeks to get extra batteries available
how ez it is to forget dji's limitations

Reactions: Drgnfli
I think MP2 is available, but DJI is afraid to launch it.

It isn't necessary to buy it. There are rumours, that [emoji318] will give me one, if I am a good boy.

Reactions: tstillman
Even if there was a mavic 2 coming, the original mavic launch was chaos. Nobody had stock, even DJI themselves, waiting list of 3 months etc etc
That was because they were wetting themselves about gopro karma.
It was released prematurely to thwart gopro, with almost no stock available.
Recent new launches have been much better handled.

I wouldn't pre-order though it's far too annoying - and you'll get one of the earliest versions with niggles which are quietly fixed after a few months.

The MP is now on sale on the DJI site. We won't see the MP2 tomorrow, but it will be rolled out sooner than later.

Having not been around with the launch of the current MP, how was the availability and lead times?? What do you think is going to happen with the MavPro 2?? Does DJI ship to dealers first to let them sell initially before going to the mass merchants?? My friend just got a MPP for a present but thinks he will be able to get the P2 soon and wants to send the platinum back, and I'm thinking it's going to be a while till anyone can get one. Does anyone have any input?? Thx Bolton

The Mavic launch was about usual for DJI in that it was months before it was easy to get one. Announced in Sept 16 shipping in Oct it was Jan/Feb before most of the preorders were done. But it was spring 2017 before you could order and get one in less than a week. When they started shipping it was a few units to everyone (Best Buy, dealers and the DJI store). At the time people were screaming bloody murder claiming DJI was the worst company evar. Now nobody even remembers.

I would expect the same or maybe slightly better this time. They have some extra time due to whatever screwed up the Jul 18 announce.

Rumor has it this thing has been in production since February. Another reliable rumor said the announce was cancelled because of a software issue. Possibility of a vulnerability in the software that allows it to be hacked. DJI wants this one locked down tight.

New-DJI-Mavic-2-Enterprise22-edition-photos-show-up-providing-us-with-more-details-of-the-new-foldable-drone.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Rumor has it this thing has been in production since February. Another reliable rumor said the announce was cancelled because of a software issue. Possibility of a vulnerability in the software that allows it to be hacked. DJI wants this one locked down tight.

New-DJI-Mavic-2-Enterprise22-edition-photos-show-up-providing-us-with-more-details-of-the-new-foldable-drone.jpg
What do we know re the spec on the Camera?
What in the name of aerodynamics is that thing on top "flying music box" ;):eek:

We know nothing. DJI haven't announced ANYTHING about a Mavic "2" even existing yet alone any more details.
They've never stated it does or will, have released no images, no specs or anything at all.
Lots of photoshops get retweeted and people invent (make up) all kinds of "specs" from photoshopped images.

....and thats where we are at this stage.

Reactions: W2EJ
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa