DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic pilot from Sweden

thatswedishguy

Reactions
Hi!

I have been on these forums for a while, and figured it was time I introduced myself.

I'm an aviation enthusiast from Sweden who have been dreaming about camera drones since before they were a thing. I looked enviously on the Phantoms flying around but couldn't afford my own drone due to some unfortunate health issues leading to a lack of funds. After saving up for a couple of years I was finally able to get a Mavic 2 Pro a little over three weeks ago. I originally considered the Mavic Air, but decided after much consideration that the sensor was just too small for the still photography I want to do. I also considered the Phantom 4 Pro, but even though it has a couple of nice features over the Mavic 2 Pro it was just too big to bring everywhere, and the Mavic 2 has some other nice features the Phantom 4 Pro doesn't. I think I made the right choice.

Now I have 12 hours of flight time on it, and I have been loving every second of it! The sensor is still a bit on the small side, but with AEB and 32-bit HDR merge I can get good enough results out of it (although limiting bracketing to 0.7 EV over 5 frames is a bit of a joke). I'm already dreaming of a DJI Inspire 2 with the Zenmuse X7 though...? some day. (or why not a FreeFlight Systems Alta 8 with a Phase One IQ4 150 MP hanging under it while I'm dreaming of currently unreachable things ?)

Before the Mavic 2 I have flown various other aircrafts. Toys like the Parrot AR Drone and the super fun little Blade Inductrix, as well as a small RC helicopter (Blade nano cpx. Lot's of fun). I found the Mavic 2 super easy to fly. Almost too easy. I would have liked ATTI mode.

I'm serious about following the rules and fly within the constraints of the law. I don't want to get in trouble, and I don't want to get anyone else in trouble. I'm all for stricter regulation as long as it's not cost prohibitive for hobbyists. I believe a license system where I written test has to be passed could be a good thing, and it seems to be the way the EU is going. As long as it's not financially out of reach for hobbyists of all ages I think it can help our hobby to be taken more seriously and help hobby use of drones to continue to be allowed and accepted.

Here's a few of the photos I've taken so far. I haven't had time to do any serious projects yet, just some spontaneous fun. The law here in Sweden require all aerial data (including photos and videos) to be submitted for government approval for the safety of our country, so it's a bit of extra work and a few days of waiting before anything can be legally shared. National security is taken seriously here.

20190514-L1D-20c-0820-HDR.jpg20190512-L1D-20c-0555-Edit.jpg20190512-L1D-20c-0601.jpg20190518-L1D-20c-0116-HDR.jpg20190518-L1D-20c-0226-HDR.jpg

And an overview of my city. Bonus points for anyone who can name it ?
20190512-L1D-20c-0645.jpg

I'm looking forward to the many hours of flying and photographing I'll be doing over the next months and years ?

Reactions: Hauptmann
Hi!

I have been on these forums for a while, and figured it was time I introduced myself.

I'm an aviation enthusiast from Sweden who have been dreaming about camera drones since before they were a thing. I looked enviously on the Phantoms flying around but couldn't afford my own drone due to some unfortunate health issues leading to a lack of funds. After saving up for a couple of years I was finally able to get a Mavic 2 Pro a little over three weeks ago. I originally considered the Mavic Air, but decided after much consideration that the sensor was just too small for the still photography I want to do. I also considered the Phantom 4 Pro, but even though it has a couple of nice features over the Mavic 2 Pro it was just too big to bring everywhere, and the Mavic 2 has some other nice features the Phantom 4 Pro doesn't. I think I made the right choice.

Now I have 12 hours of flight time on it, and I have been loving every second of it! The sensor is still a bit on the small side, but with AEB and 32-bit HDR merge I can get good enough results out of it (although limiting bracketing to 0.7 EV over 5 frames is a bit of a joke). I'm already dreaming of a DJI Inspire 2 with the Zenmuse X7 though...? some day. (or why not a FreeFlight Systems Alta 8 with a Phase One IQ4 150 MP hanging under it while I'm dreaming of currently unreachable things ?)

Before the Mavic 2 I have flown various other aircrafts. Toys like the Parrot AR Drone and the super fun little Blade Inductrix, as well as a small RC helicopter (Blade nano cpx. Lot's of fun). I found the Mavic 2 super easy to fly. Almost too easy. I would have liked ATTI mode.

I'm serious about following the rules and fly within the constraints of the law. I don't want to get in trouble, and I don't want to get anyone else in trouble. I'm all for stricter regulation as long as it's not cost prohibitive for hobbyists. I believe a license system where I written test has to be passed could be a good thing, and it seems to be the way the EU is going. As long as it's not financially out of reach for hobbyists of all ages I think it can help our hobby to be taken more seriously and help hobby use of drones to continue to be allowed and accepted.

Here's a few of the photos I've taken so far. I haven't had time to do any serious projects yet, just some spontaneous fun. The law here in Sweden require all aerial data (including photos and videos) to be submitted for government approval for the safety of our country, so it's a bit of extra work and a few days of waiting before anything can be legally shared. National security is taken seriously here.

View attachment 73409View attachment 73405View attachment 73406View attachment 73407View attachment 73408

View attachment 73410

I'm looking forward to the many hours of flying and photographing I'll be doing over the next months and years ?
Malmo?

Kinda late but
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Reactions: thatswedishguy
Kinda late but
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Thanks!

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob
Thunderdrones

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy!
Stumped on your question. Answer please?

Thanks!
The city is Gävle, Sweden

Hi!

View attachment 73409View attachment 73405View attachment 73406View attachment 73407View attachment 73408

View attachment 73410

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new M2P, Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: thatswedishguy

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven