DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings! Longtime photographer from Sweden, now added a Mini 4 Pro to my toolbox.

What is "Mavic Magnet"
We call anything that a drone crashes into a "Mavic Magnet" It's just that some obstacles seem to "attract" a drone… How else can you explain how we know that a tree is there and we still manage to get wrapped up its branches… Or there are powerlines overhead and we still manage to hit them… Or the building has been there for years and we see it, we know it is there and yet we still crash into it… It's magic and not the good kind… L 😁 L . . .

Hello all!

Been a working photographer for over two decades, both in the UK and in Sweden, both stills and footage. Been wanting to add a drone to my equipment for many years now and when recently turning 50 that was made a reality. Thoroughly enjoying it, especially all the new "viewpoints" and "abilities", slowly overcoming my fear of doing something wrong and crashing/losing it - so far so good! Been a really crappy time to start using it as we've had a really harsh winter here in Sweden with frequent storms and high winds, so have really been put to the test from the get go!

Been consulting (reading) this forum for quite some time and thought it was about time to register and engage properly. Thank You for having me! :)

Best!
/Martin
Welcome from Texas, I hope to make it there someday as my great Grandmother was from Sweden

Welcome from Texas, I hope to make it there someday as my great Grandmother was from Sweden
Never been to Texas but love what I know about it and seen - beautiful, so vast - like a country within a country. Was it the great grandmother that emigrated? To Minnesota perhaps?

Yee-haw and best from Sweden!
/M

Hello all!

Been a working photographer for over two decades, both in the UK and in Sweden, both stills and footage. Been wanting to add a drone to my equipment for many years now and when recently turning 50 that was made a reality. Thoroughly enjoying it, especially all the new "viewpoints" and "abilities", slowly overcoming my fear of doing something wrong and crashing/losing it - so far so good! Been a really crappy time to start using it as we've had a really harsh winter here in Sweden with frequent storms and high winds, so have really been put to the test from the get go!

Been consulting (reading) this forum for quite some time and thought it was about time to register and engage properly. Thank You for having me! :)

Best!
/Martin
Welcome to the community!

To all of "you's". Told the wife that I was a bit taken aback by the welcome in this forum. I'm a member of many forums, been a working photographer for 20 yrs+ so a lot of photographer/business and associated forums, as well as a whole host of varied interests (I'm a curious monkey :) ) etc., even been (am?) an admin/moderator of some BUT the feeling of genuine welcome here, as well as the initial posts of excellent helpful information - just find that rare and in this day and age, with everything that goes on around us, felt/feels really good and positive. So BIG thank you to everyone, you made a "noob" actually feel genuinely welcome - much appreciated.

Best!
/M
Welcome to the community!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne