DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic pilot in NH

AlphaMike2

Reactions
Hi all, I have purchased a Mavic Enterprise 2 Dual through my employer for work. I work at KLEB airport and have done a lot of research for this purchase. We are planning to use this drone for the inspection of our remote beacon nav aids including the power lines. We also plan on using this for our wildlife management program. We have been using pyrotechnics to help with scaring off turkeys and deer (when they get inside the fence). The turkeys have been getting used to the pyros so I thought that having a drone in their face would help them to move (they are very stupid). We have been having issues with deer ducking into the bushes and losing them, so using the thermal would be a help to find them. We also plan on using this to inspect the fenceline. We have also thought that we could help out our other departments in the city including police and fire.

I am looking forward to learning anything you can throw at me.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.
Quite a drone you’ll be piloting... study the full online DJI manual before you fly. If this is your first drone spend some time practicing each maneuver and mode that you may need in a large flat open area w/o obstructions before you have to use it at work.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hi. I have a commercial license and fly a drone for research projects at Keene State College, and trust you took the part 107 exam for your role. The Operations Manager at KEEN flies a drone for similar purposes, you could give him a call.

Unless you already have considerable experience, I second the advice to be VERY timid on your first flights and expand the envelope gradually. It's easy to get turned around, and surprises can come up very quickly. You're planning to fly close to structures, animals, and trees - all high risk. It takes hours of flight time to get an intuitive grasp so you can fly the drone like you drive your car.

If you're down Keene way, I can show you what we're doing at KSC.

Reactions: AlphaMike2
Hi all, I have purchased a Mavic Enterprise 2 Dual through my employer for work. I work at KLEB airport and have done a lot of research for this purchase. We are planning to use this drone for the inspection of our remote beacon nav aids including the power lines. We also plan on using this for our wildlife management program. We have been using pyrotechnics to help with scaring off turkeys and deer (when they get inside the fence). The turkeys have been getting used to the pyros so I thought that having a drone in their face would help them to move (they are very stupid). We have been having issues with deer ducking into the bushes and losing them, so using the thermal would be a help to find them. We also plan on using this to inspect the fenceline. We have also thought that we could help out our other departments in the city including police and fire.

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Fly safe and have fun!

Just wondering - are you personally applying for flight authorization or is an airport administrator applying or how does that work when it is an airport facility ?

Years ago when I worked at an airport our wildlife management program was a Remington 870 loaded with #00 buckshot. I am sure in this day and age that would be a big No No !

Hi. I have a commercial license and fly a drone for research projects at Keene State College, and trust you took the part 107 exam for your role. The Operations Manager at KEEN flies a drone for similar purposes, you could give him a call.

Unless you already have considerable experience, I second the advice to be VERY timid on your first flights and expand the envelope gradually. It's easy to get turned around, and surprises can come up very quickly. You're planning to fly close to structures, animals, and trees - all high risk. It takes hours of flight time to get an intuitive grasp so you can fly the drone like you drive your car.

If you're down Keene way, I can show you what we're doing at KSC.

I have my 107, and I will give the ops manager at KEEN a call to see how they are using it, as well as any
SOP's so that I may draft up some for our operations within the class Delta.

Reactions: old man mavic
Just wondering - are you personally applying for flight authorization or is an airport administrator applying or how does that work when it is an airport facility ?

Years ago when I worked at an airport our wildlife management program was a Remington 870 loaded with #00 buckshot. I am sure in this day and age that would be a big No No !

I am working on drafting up some language with our manager, along with talking to the FAA to see how they would like it handled. Since all of the operations will be within our class Delta airspace, I will also be filing the NOTAM's for "work in progress" for all flights, along with an ATCT letter of agreement.

Welcome to the forum from the Seacoast of NH.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet