DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New mavic pro 2 hacks!?!

Before about July 2019, the bay area was not part of the NFZ that bricked the drone on the DJI app, but when they updated it, it created a much larger radius that included I guess a new status on the bay where he flies. He flies the drone, not his customers. They do a jetski "safari" or excursion out over the reef and along the coast. He uses the drone to film them as they start up and head out on their skiis with his guide. He uses the video for the opening shots, his guides shoot them while they run along the cliffline and coast and then they edit it real quick and sell copies or drop it at their hotels afterwards. I think what he did was use the NLD software to restore his old settings which allow him to fly in his part of the bay. Although the planes do not come in to the airport over this bay (it is a few miles away and basically parallel to main runway, which sits up on a plateau) the 5 mile radius does include the bay. He could hit the button saying he is aware that he is on the edge of a NFZ and it would let him fly in the past. The update grounded his drone. So he undid the update using the NLD hack and restored the old one, which still asks him and he acknowledges it. It is a few blocks from my home and now I can't fly anywhere that I used to either.
You don't need NLD to roll back firmware. The regular DJI Assistant app will do that.

You don't need NLD to roll back firmware. The regular DJI Assistant app will do that.
Guess he should have asked that question here first.:):):)

He is a Japanese guy and I don't always understand what he tries to tell me but that's what I understood he used it for. He said DJI assistant rolls back to a newer firmware and won't let you go back to the version that is less restrictive. If we ever get tourists again, I'll go down and ask him exactly. It may be a while though. This island hasn't had a tourist since March 19.

I believe after the newest firmware you can no longer rollback...

The way I understand it is you can roll back but you are rolling back to a newer version even though it may be named as an older version. DJI updates the "older" versions it has on its site to include the newer restrictions.

I have my drones insured by StateFarm so that’s not a worry. Just nice to have the NFZ removed when trying to do real estate photos where 12-20 ft needed but can’t take off cause NFZ.

I worry about it when people advocate breaking the law and ignoring it when it suits their own purposes. Why don't we all just ignore the laws we don't want to follow? What kind of society would we have if we did?

I have State Farm. The agent told me if the drone is used for commercial purposes, the drone is not covered. I have my Part 107, but I fly all recreational. In the PersonalArticles Policy, Special Conditions section Item 7 Cameras(this is were SF covers your drone) it states: "You agree that no camera used for pay during the policy term will be covered. This condition applies unless changed by endorsement and additional premium is paid at our current fees".

FE-7607 That is the policy amendment form/number for professional/commercial photography coverage on personal articles policies. The personal articles policies are what cover drones, cameras, guns, jewelry, etc. That policy endorsement covers all of my camera gear for an additional $23 a year in addition to the standard personal articles policy. It is not that they "don't cover" commercial use, just that you have to pay a little extra for that coverage vs. non-commercial use. The extra $23 a year is trivial to make sure commercial and non-commercial use is covered. The rate might vary based on your personal risk and items covered, that price is for all of my camera gear which includes a Yuneec Typhoon H Pro, the Mavic 2 Pro, a Mavic 2 Zoom, a Canon 5d4, 5d3 and 7d along with a dozen or so lenses, studio flashes, extra batteries, smart controller, etc for the drones.

Well that’s false. I’ve had my drone replaced by State Farm due to a crash on a camping trip. COA are time consuming and when you travel to different city’s for work, that isn’t always an option due to time constraints. Again I appreciate the reply’s but the reason for the post was to see if anyone had used this software, not a crash course of how to get COA’s or what my insurance company won’t cover.
I emailed my local Virginia State farm agent last week, here is his reply~ heck he referred me to another local insurance company.

Mr. ***my name***,

I have researched your request and State Farm is very limited on what we can do with High End Photography equipment and Drones. It depends on the capacity in which they are used and how often. If it is for personal use only it may be possible to insure but I am unaware of who your homeowners policy is with and if they offer a similar product as our personal articles policy.

I also wanted to disclose that if the equipment is being used in any business capacity the personal articles policy would not cover your valuable items. In my professional opinion, I would suggest to try and get a specialty insurance carrier and purchase a policy for a photography business. By having a business policy with a specialty carrier you can then have liability if someone is hurt or if something is damaged by one of the drones and you can also have what is called an inland marine policy which covers your valuable equipment (Cameras and Drones) (very similar to the personal articles policy) for physical damage and theft.

State Farm's photography business policy is very limited in coverage and I do not want to put you in the position that you would not be covered properly and lose a valuable asset.

Thank you for your questions and I hope you can get help. You may want to check with ***Another Guy*** at Nationwide 276-228-**** because he is now an independent Agent as well, which means he can write business through several insurance companies to find you a policy, I am a captive Agent with State Farm and they are my only source.

***His Name***- State Farm Agent

I emailed my local Virginia State farm agent last week, here is his reply~ heck he referred me to another local insurance company.

Mr. ***my name***,

I have researched your request and State Farm is very limited on what we can do with High End Photography equipment and Drones. It depends on the capacity in which they are used and how often. If it is for personal use only it may be possible to insure but I am unaware of who your homeowners policy is with and if they offer a similar product as our personal articles policy.

I also wanted to disclose that if the equipment is being used in any business capacity the personal articles policy would not cover your valuable items. In my professional opinion, I would suggest to try and get a specialty insurance carrier and purchase a policy for a photography business. By having a business policy with a specialty carrier you can then have liability if someone is hurt or if something is damaged by one of the drones and you can also have what is called an inland marine policy which covers your valuable equipment (Cameras and Drones) (very similar to the personal articles policy) for physical damage and theft.

State Farm's photography business policy is very limited in coverage and I do not want to put you in the position that you would not be covered properly and lose a valuable asset.

Thank you for your questions and I hope you can get help. You may want to check with ***Another Guy*** at Nationwide 276-228-**** because he is now an independent Agent as well, which means he can write business through several insurance companies to find you a policy, I am a captive Agent with State Farm and they are my only source.

***His Name***- State Farm Agent
You have to give that State Farm agent some credit for helping out, even though there’s nothing in it for him.

I have State Farm. The agent told me if the drone is used for commercial purposes, the drone is not covered. I have my Part 107, but I fly all recreational. In the PersonalArticles Policy, Special Conditions section Item 7 Cameras(this is were SF covers your drone) it states: "You agree that no camera used for pay during the policy term will be covered. This condition applies unless changed by endorsement and additional premium is paid at our current fees".
How much is the extra fee for commercial use? Does the insurance have some other kind of name?

Has anyone used this software? It was posted to a nodding group I am apart of.

I bought a license there and can report that the client works. NLD is dubious, they promise a lot, but nothing comes. The Drone-Hacks team is not new, they are old hands and have been running a channel on YouTube for 2 years. I haven't been able to reach NLD for 2 days. Is it just me?

I bought a license there and can report that the client works. NLD is dubious, they promise a lot, but nothing comes. The Drone-Hacks team is not new, they are old hands and have been running a channel on YouTube for 2 years. I haven't been able to reach NLD for 2 days. Is it just me?
it is interesting that the NLD website seems broken and Drone-hacks seems to offer identical functionality, the terminology used is also like a cut and paste from NLD. Did NLD sell out? Hijacked?

I worry about it when people advocate breaking the law and ignoring it when it suits their own purposes. Why don't we all just ignore the laws we don't want to follow? What kind of society would we have if we did?
I worry when an assumption is made that people can’t follow laws without hard unalterable restrictions being imposed in a dictator like fashion. I can do without the unnecessary inconvenience of seeking permission and approval to do something which is legal. If it suits you great- are you saying you or others might pierce incapable of doing the right thing without geofencing or other software limitations on your drones operation? I suspect that isn’t the case.

it is interesting that the NLD website seems broken and Drone-hacks seems to offer identical functionality, the terminology used is also like a cut and paste from NLD. Did NLD sell out? Hijacked?

drone-hacks says: "you may not have heard of our name before, but we have been in this scene since the very beginning and have since grown frustrated with the current offerings and know we can do better!"

NLD did not develop its software itself. NLD used other people's routines and put an interface over them.

NLD had problems with its website some time ago. The website runs on a Windows server, which issued an error message.

drone-hacks says: "you may not have heard of our name before, but we have been in this scene since the very beginning and have since grown frustrated with the current offerings and know we can do better!"

NLD did not develop its software itself. NLD used other people's routines and put an interface over them.

NLD had problems with its website some time ago. The website runs on a Windows server, which issued an error message.
I have seen similar wording in the opening paragraph of Nigerian scam emails.

In case you misinterpreted my tone I was not making acusuations- simply asking questions.

Do you have any specific information?

I have seen similar wording in the opening paragraph of Nigerian scam emails.

In case you misinterpreted my tone I was not making acusuations- simply asking questions.

Do you have any specific information?

What does "I have seen similar wording in the opening paragraph of Nigerian scam emails." There is a 13 minute video on YouTube that explains exactly how the software works. (
) I have bye a license. The downloaded software does what it promises.

The mail server from NLD continues to work. Maybe the boys have sold no more licenses and no more money to pay the internet provider fee ;-)

I find it embarrassing for NLD. Nothing comes for many months.
NLD is great in storytelling. And then NLD announces great things. So e.g. create a Custom firmware. Things that drone hacks offer.

I see it as a verbal attack on the NLD. In the NLD forums, experts have already warned that NLD will have nothing new for M2. Drone hacks have already been discussed in the forum.

Annoying to those who recently bought a license from NLD and are now realizing that they are actually dubious. A kingdom for those who can free M2 from antirollback and 512 firmware. I think, it won't be NLD.

UPDATE (14.06.2020): The NLD website says "HTTP Error 404. The requested resource is not found." The NLDApp works again.

Last edited:
How much is the extra fee for commercial use? Does the insurance have some other kind of name?
I did not ask. At that time I wasn't thinking about flying commercially.

You have to give that State Farm agent some credit for helping out, even though there’s nothing in it for him.
Yes that was above and beyond, when I emailed him back I kind of felt like I needed buy something, cause i didn't really express the appreciation as good as i should..

Last edited:

I was told the same thing. She said I could get by with coverage if Aerial Photography wasn't my primary business. But it could only be a small percentage of my main business. So they won't cover you if you are full time commercial Aerial.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinbbc27