DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not receiving Unlock Certificate for Authorization Zones

RokkoRokko

Reactions
I have applied online for my first ever unlock certificate to fly in authorization zone - said successful

on app - check & refresh Unlocking Licence list

"When your request is approved, go to the Camera View, select General Settings, and select Unlocking List in the DJI GO or DJI GO 4 app to confirm your flight license has been downloaded. Afterwards, you can fly in the Authorization Zone without a network connection."

However, in unlock list, even after refresh in both "app' & Aircraft' comes up....

No Unlocking Certificate

whats up here?

also How can I verify an unlock certificate has been granted to my DJI account?
The granted unlock certificate must surely be registered to my DJI account

how do I verify that?

Last edited:
Reactions: ShurikenSky
Is this custom authorization or self authorization? If the later, couple of guesses
1- You used different DJI user accounts on the dji flysafe unlock site and on GO4
2- You did not enter the Flight Controller Serial Number correctly in the dji flysafe unlock site
3- Your device is not connected to the internet when refreshing the unlock list in GO4

And I am out of guesses.

Reactions: RokkoRokko
It is not registered to your dji account in anyway that I have found.

You obviously have an internet connection on your mobile device running the Go4? And you did use the controller serial number correct (in the About page)?

It is not registered to your dji account in anyway that I have found.

You obviously have an internet connection on your mobile device running the Go4? And you did use the controller serial number correct (in the About page)?

Yup, internet connection on mobile

Can you please explain...
"It is not registered to your dji account in anyway that I have found."

. and how you know this

This could be the problem....because it would seem to me that the DJI flysafe is not seeing clear connection between my DJI account & the Remote Controller

I mean its not sending the certificate to the right place .

On the DJI site how can I verify that an Unlock Certificate has been granted to me

Last edited:
Reactions: czepo
Yup, internet connection on mobile

Can you please explain...
"It is not registered to your dji account in anyway that I have found."

. and how you know this

This could be the problem....because it would seem to me that the DJI flysafe is not seeing clear connection between my DJI account & the Remote Controller

I mean its not sending the certificate to the right place .

On the DJI site how can I verify that an Unlock Certificate has been granted to me
I know this because i fly almost every weekend using a dji unlock. No place in my dji account does it show my unlock certificates (we are ttalking about the online dji account right?)
The certificate process is simple and works. Go to dji flysafe unlock. Choose your location, drone ttype. now select the zone you wish to unlock. Enter controller serial number, select a date range. Submit. Now accept the warning and disclaimer. Select mobile for verification. Enter your phone number. Wait for a verification code to be received, enter it oon the website. At that ppoint the website tells you it has been succesful.
Now start drone and controller. Go to About then Unlocking License. As long as you have a data connection and you entered the correct serial number the unlock license will be displayed. Select it. Click to Import to Aircraft. Now agree to disclaimer. Go back to main fpv view and it should be Ready To Fly.

I know this because i fly almost every weekend using a dji unlock. No place in my dji account does it show my unlock certificates (we are ttalking about the online dji account right?)
The certificate process is simple and works. Go to dji flysafe unlock. Choose your location, drone ttype. now select the zone you wish to unlock. Enter controller serial number, select a date range. Submit. Now accept the warning and disclaimer. Select mobile for verification. Enter your phone number. Wait for a verification code to be received, enter it oon the website. At that ppoint the website tells you it has been succesful.
Now start drone and controller. Go to About then Unlocking License. As long as you have a data connection and you entered the correct serial number the unlock license will be displayed. Select it. Click to Import to Aircraft. Now agree to disclaimer. Go back to main fpv view and it should be Ready To Fly.

Cheers for the detailed instructions

I am doing EXACTLY that but the unlock certificates are not downloading into the app
I cant import anything to the aircraft as it is not showing

PROBLEM SOLVED: SOLUTION POSTED TO HELP ANYONE ELSE WITH SAME ISSUE

Thanks for your help guys

DJI were quick-as to respond [a few minutes] but we didb.t really get any closer except they made me realize the app also signs in to the DJI account

I then followed a hunch that maybe the accounts were wrong.

Turns out I was on comp with 1 account and on app with another, which is why I never got the cert on the app.

I created a new DJI account, made sure both comp for requesting the unlock cert], and app [to receive the unlock cert] were using same account.

I flew in an authorized zone for first time last night -

Ahhh - the sweet taste of Freedom

Thanks again Mavic Broz, for being so ready & willing to help others out

Excellent!

I agree would make sense for you to be able to view via your account the certificates online. If you find that please let me know.

Cheers for the detailed instructions

I am doing EXACTLY that but the unlock certificates are not downloading into the app
I cant import anything to the aircraft as it is not showing
sometimes it take a few times to get it imported into the drone. i use the procedure all the time

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones