DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Pro Owner... Thoughts?

I think you lucked out and ended up with the best drone ever built for a great price.
No need for a Platinum unless color is worth several hundred dollars to you.
If you got a Spark, you'd just enjoy it and start saving for a Mavic, eventually.
A mavic is no more complicated to fly or maintain than a Spark - maybe even easier in some ways.
Stop over thinking it and enjoy it.
Happy Flying!

PS - don't fly indoors, watch lots of YouTube videos, be careful in Sport mode, don't expect the sensors to keep you from crashing into anything, don't fly too close to airports or people. You'll be fine.

Excellent advise! I could not say it any better. Watch the videos on Youtube, find your highest wire, tree, pole or bridge & set your flight height 10' above it - you will be fine! :cool:

Hi finalfan7asy, just like you I did loads of research and plumbed for the Pro and really glad I did. Never had a drone before and I'm absolutely hopeless at photography but the sheer joy of learning to fly and continually improve on my photography skills is just so good. What's great about the Pro is it's so robust. I've had several crashes and last "accident" was whilst trying out POI and pressing the wrong control, got stuck up an 80ft tree. Luckily my neighbour is a tree surgeon and rescued it for me, no damage to gimbal or props whatsoever. Yeah, you've definitely made the right decision, I hope you enjoy flying and learning as much as I do. Flying at 69.

Good advise for a newbie! But should I change my name to "Flying at 75?" LOL! :D

I just flew my Mavic a couple of days ago for the first time and I’m speechless. What an incredible machine! This is the coolest thing I’ve seen in a longtime. Thank you everyone for reassuring me that I purchased the right drone.

Reactions: Drgnfli and Cuervo
I just flew my Mavic a couple of days ago for the first time and I’m speechless. What an incredible machine! This is the coolest thing I’ve seen in a longtime. Thank you everyone for reassuring me that I purchased the right drone.

LOL! That is exactly what I thought the first few times I flew my MP. I haven't had as much fun since I bought a 17' Fish & Ski boat when I lived in Florida. Just remember to keep her 10' higher than the highest obstruction where you fly...

LOL! That is exactly what I thought the first few times I flew my MP. I haven't had as much fun since I bought a 17' Fish & Ski boat when I lived in Florida. Just remember to keep her 10' higher than the highest obstruction where you fly...

Awesome! Good to know. Thanks

Hurray!! Congratulations to you, finalfan7asy - it only gets better from here on!!

Hi everyone,

I just got home from picking up a Mavic Pro and I'm not sure if I made the right decision. I'm new to drones and was hesitant to investing in an expensive one. I initially purchased the Wingsland S6, but after reading so many bad reviews I returned it still new in the box. What I really wanted was the Spark Fly More Combo for $549, however, I decided to purchase the Pro with a controller after realizing it was on sale for $830. My intentions are to use it for general aerial photography/film at home and while on vacation. Am I in over my head? Should I have saved up for the Platinum or stuck with the Spark instead?

I think you screwed up big time.. but no fears.. sell it to me for $20, and go out and buy yourself another model...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+