DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Pro pilot from Essex, UK

Notional trust parks are a no go but your okay most other places.

Been around tons of spots nearby where I live in Rayleigh with no problems. Hadleigh castle, Maldon promenade, canewdon and all around there as its very wide open and flat. Hanningfield reservoir when your confident enough to fly over water, and lots of small parks/fields

I am looking forward to flying it. And also looking to get some great footage and photos with it whilst in Malaysia and Borneo. That is a long way off yet being the best pilot ever lol, but nice to have that idea.
How long did it take you to master it?

Well I started off with many other toys drones to get acclimated with flying drones. I also have a DJI Spark and a few race drones. So for me it was a matter of getting used to the features. Still learning all the time. I just got my Mavic a month ago.
Show quoted text

Welcome to MavicPilots! Fly safe and have fun!

Hi... based in East London also. Had my mavic about 10 months, tend to do most flying over at wanstead flats and go out to the coast weather permiting!. Would be great to meetup with other locals!..

Hi... based in East London also. Had my mavic about 10 months, tend to do most flying over at wanstead flats and go out to the coast weather permiting!. Would be great to meetup with other locals!..
Hi Damocles, I know Wanstead, as I am originally from east London but now located in grays, Essex.
Yes it would be a good idea to meet with other Mavic Pro pilots.

Up for this, i'm from Upminster but grew up just outside of Grays.

I've not been out this year yet. Last year flew at a few local parks in Upminster, Brentwood, Country Park in Dagenham, Southend etc. Was trying to get down to Grays Beach but not managed it yet. Hopefully next few weeks if the weather picks up.
How about you?

Ive only had it a few months and been out twice just for a bit of a tester realy, ive spent the last 2 years flying and building race quads for fun and flying fpv , ive flown down by the sea wall in east tilbury which is nice , weve got miles of open land and some lakes , if you ever fancy coming over for a walk down to the sea wall let me know .

Ive only had it a few months and been out twice just for a bit of a tester realy, ive spent the last 2 years flying and building race quads for fun and flying fpv , ive flown down by the sea wall in east tilbury which is nice , weve got miles of open land and some lakes , if you ever fancy coming over for a walk down to the sea wall let me know .
Will be up for that in the next couple of months. Not been doen there for ages. What about Tilbury and Coalhouse Fort, are they Ok to fly around?

Hello everyone,
I am a first time drone owner and so excited to a proud owner of my Mavic Pro. I’ve not yet taken it out to fly as still trying to Learn everything, where to fly in Essex if allowed. Do I need a licence etc.
I would welcome any tips you all might have.
Hi I am in southend. You only need a license if you will be using your drone for commercial purpose. The rules on fly drones have just been changed you can not fly within a 3 mile radius of any airport. Other than that as long as you have permission or is on public land and fly safely you can fly just about anywhere. I am currently studying for my commercial license and looking for areas to fly as the no fly zone almost covers the whole of southend. The Mavic is cool bit of kit get out and start flying
Good Luck

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne