DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Pro

Brian Piper

Reactions
I just purchased a New Mavic Pro, I need some help to set it up.
Can someone help me set it up for video filming
There are so many ares that I am not sure if I have set up correctly. I was watching some sets ups on You tube.

Thanks for your help

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

You can find some tips here and here.

Reactions: copterbob
Brian, at the risk of sounding harsh...
You really (really!) need to read everything you can that came with the Mavic.
Before I even got my Mavic I had already downloaded all of the relevant information from DJI and read it.
Then I went to the various drone forums and read until my eyes bled.
Still, after all of that, I got the drone, unboxed it and had more questions that required research and forum questions.
By the time I did my first (small) test flight I already was familiar with at least 80% of all of the features and controls, or at least those relevant to a safe first flight.
Welcome to the forum. My only tip I can offer right now is don't ask questions without first trying to find the answers yourself. You will learn more that way.
Good luck!

Verify the Firmware and if it is 700 or less don't upgrade to the last. Just do the compass calibration, find an open field and after knowing what the controls do, fly it. Be sure to remove the gimbal lock and adjust camera settings to your taste. Read and watch a lot of vids on this. Be sure to know and understand the app and be very careful. Height is your friend, don't try to keep it close to the earth and to nothing. Practice makes perfection. Good luck.

Brian, I echo the prior response. Treat this as an expensive car that you have never driven before and build a solid foundation of knowledge.

Hi Brian,
Yep, learn all you can. It is important, but to answer your question. The video function really doesn't need much setup to at least capture some video. In fact, all that is really required is a micro SD card installed in the Mavic. Assuming you have it flying. All you have to do is press the record button on the controller or on the ap. Read the instructions on how to focus and operate the tilt feature. From there you can figure out the fine features but read and watch all the videos you can find.

Brian, at the risk of sounding harsh...
You really (really!) need to read everything you can that came with the Mavic.
Before I even got my Mavic I had already downloaded all of the relevant information from DJI and read it.
Then I went to the various drone forums and read until my eyes bled.
Still, after all of that, I got the drone, unboxed it and had more questions that required research and forum questions.
By the time I did my first (small) test flight I already was familiar with at least 80% of all of the features and controls, or at least those relevant to a safe first flight.
Welcome to the forum. My only tip I can offer right now is don't ask questions without first trying to find the answers yourself. You will learn more that way.
Good luck!
day 43 here with zero flights so far but maybe this saturday

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cirem2024