Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New member based in Berlin,

Phil5k

Reactions
Hi, new member and new drone pilot.

Berlin based.

Happy new owner of a Mavic Mini.

I have already found some of the discussion in this forum to be quite helpful, so thank you all for that.

Had no idea of the "nearly alles ist verboten" restrictions regarding drone flying in Germany before I bought the Mini. It was an impulse buy. Probably would not have bought it had I read up on the regs here in Germany

However it turns out that I am very lucky to live near the old Berlin Tempelhofer Feld inner-city airport, the southern part of which lies just outside of the Berlin NFZ, a 5km (-ish) wide zone which covers most of inner Berlin.

So, lucky me, I have a wide-open obstruction-free space to practice!

Bought Litchi 2 days ago and the first time I tried it the Mini flew off in a very unexpected fashion and scared the life out me. Having desperately jammed my finger on the RTH button several times, it eventually came back to base, much to my relief.

I can laugh about it now but wasn't laughing at the time

Last edited:
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to MavicPilots … Enjoy the forum and Happy flying!

Greetings welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

Reactions: old man mavic
Hi, new member and new drone pilot.

Berlin based.

Happy new owner of a Mavic Mini.

I have already found some of the discussion in this forum to be quite helpful, so thank you all for that.

Had no idea of the "nearly alles ist verboten" restrictions regarding drone flying in Germany before I bought the Mini. It was an impulse buy. Probably would not have bought it had I read up on the regs here in Germany

However it turns out that I am very lucky to live near the old Berlin Tempelhofer Feld inner-city airport, the southern part of which lies just outside of the Berlin NFZ, a 5km (-ish) wide zone which covers most of inner Berlin.

So, lucky me, I have a wide-open obstruction-free space to practice!

Bought Litchi 2 days ago and the first time I tried it the Mini flew off in a very unexpected fashion and scared the life out me. Having desperately jammed my finger on the RTH button several times, it eventually came back to base, much to my relief.

I can laugh about it now but wasn't laughing at the time
Hi Phil,

Similar story in regards to purchasing. I knew there were restrictions but not quite how much. I'm the other side of the city up near TXL and considering a trip over to there as well as down to TOF, especially since the latter is such a vast wide open space. Glad to hear of another fool parted from their money in the city.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flyingthe405