DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Member from S. Florida (reader for a couple years)

Reactions
Good evening - just posting the obligatory "hi, I'm a new member" note. I also want to thank all the posters on the forum, as I've found myself here reading ppl's opinions on lots of topics as I worked to learn more about drones and various skills/techniques over the past 2 years (which is when I started).

Currently own:

DJI Mavic Mini
DJI Mavic 2 Zoom
DJI Mavic 2 Pro
DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise
DJI Mavic 3 - the standard one, not the Cine or Classic (just purchased and picking up this coming Monday)

I operate a commercial real estate focused drone company, just me at the moment under my brand, but I am getting to the point where I may need to partner up with others to take on new types of jobs (mostly marketing and construction progress imagery currently, but I have connections for opportunities to do thermal roof inspections and survey). I'm also self taught in photo & video editing and would absolutely love to connect with someone locally that truly has a passion for video editing (because I could get ALOT more work if I was more confident that I could match the quality of the custom edits/overlays offered by the bigger companies, which is 100% possible with the right people).

Cheers - FD3

Last edited:
Good evening - just posting the obligatory "hi, I'm a new member" note. I also want to thank all the posters on the forum, as I've found myself here reading ppl's opinions on lots of topics as I worked to learn more about drones and various skills/techniques over the past 2 years (which is when I started).

Currently own:

DJI Mavic Mini
DJI Mavic 2 Zoom
DJI Mavic 2 Pro
DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise
DJI Mavic 3 - the standard one, not the Cine or Classic (just purchased and picking up this coming Monday)

Cheers - FD3
You’re NOT the usual new member with that inventory! Welcome. Where in S. FL are you? (Never mind, I see you’re in Boca.)

Currently own:

DJI Mavic Mini
DJI Mavic 2 Zoom
DJI Mavic 2 Pro
DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise

I operate a commercial real estate focused drone company, just me at the moment under my brand, but I am getting to the point where I may need to partner up with others to take on new types of jobs (mostly marketing and construction progress imagery currently, but I have connections for opportunities to do thermal roof inspections and survey). I'm also self taught in photo & video editing and would absolutely love to connect with someone locally that truly has a passion for video editing (because I could get ALOT more work if I was more confident that I could match the quality of the custom edits/overlays offered by the bigger companies, which is 100% possible with the right people).

Cheers - FD3
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

You’re NOT the usual new member with that inventory! Welcome. Where in S. FL are you? (Never mind, I see you’re in Boca.)
Hey Drbobk - I've searched this forum before for info over the past couple years, but only today decided that signing up might allow me better access to searching for help on various topics

Yes, I'm in Boca and the inventory has been a reinvestment of drone job earnings over the past 2 years. Unfortunately I'm not particularly happy about having to buy a M3 when I already had a M3E with essentially the same camera, but DJI has choked off the M3E's camera capabilities.

To my embarrassment, I failed to fully research the 3E before I bought it (maybe I should have become a member earlier). I saw mechanical shutter, waypoints and JPG+RAW and I was sold (this was before the regular Mavic 3 was given waypoints, which are super handy for construction monitoring).

Truth is, with the M3E there's no shooting in RAW in daylight, no video over 4K/30 and I can't seem to be able to make manual adjustments to the aperture (only ISO and shutter speed).

So I do feel that I got shafted on the M3E purchase and now I had to drop another $2500 on a regular M3 (after adding DJI Care) so I can obtain certain paid missions that DJI is artificially preventing me to getting by their refusal to just make the M3E camera as absolutely great as it could be, with just a simple firmware update. Hell, they could still charge more for the M3E, but it would hurt their regular M3 sales, so they won't.

Sorry for the rant, but maybe someone else reads it and it helps them.

Thanks to the note and saying hello.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

I operate a commercial real estate focused drone company, just me at the moment under my brand, but I am getting to the point where I may need to partner up with others to take on new types of jobs (mostly marketing and construction progress imagery currently, but I have connections for opportunities to do thermal roof inspections and survey).

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

Hope it all works out for you. It's great to hear when one actually has a Vision of the Future, not just a goal of "making money…"

Fly On and Fly Safe…

Welcome to the forum! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS