DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New member from Virginia USA

Scott590

Reactions
Hi all. Based outside Washington DC in the Northern Virginia area. Started flying in October and got my Part 107. I'm looking to do make some retirement money (when I get there) with this technology. Mavic Air 2 and spend most of my time getting comfortable controlling the drone. Had my first tree crash already. So I feel good that I got that out of the way. :).

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome!

Let me ask you, as a Part 107 pilot are you able to get clearance to fly anywhere in DC, or is it a total NFZ? I ask because when COVID is done I will be visiting DC frequently and staying in DC proper.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome!

Let me ask you, as a Part 107 pilot are you able to get clearance to fly anywhere in DC, or is it a total NFZ? I ask because when COVID is done I will be visiting DC frequently and staying in DC proper.
Greetings from ? but not so warm today 36 this morning in Ormond beach Florida ?
I'm heading to Florida next week! Kissimmee area but I might drive out to Dayton and Cape Canaveral for to burn through a few batteries.

Within 15nm of DC is NFZ. You can get a waiver through FAA but I have never attempted to do so. Between 15-30, the FAA website says you can but I was unable to get approval via LAANC so I'm a little confused on that one.

WELCOME to the forum :)

Hi all. Based outside Washington DC in the Northern Virginia area. Started flying in October and got my Part 107. I'm looking to do make some retirement money (when I get there) with this technology. Mavic Air 2 and spend most of my time getting comfortable controlling the drone. Had my first tree crash already. So I feel good that I got that out of the way. :).
Welcome to the forum from sunny New Zealand. Happy flying now you have that crash out of the way :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78