DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New member in St. CROIX USVI without my Mavic Pro charger!

Falconstx

Reactions
Mavic Pro quadcopter
I left my extra batteries and my charger at home. I only have 80% charge on one battery. Been calling around frantically but nobody has batteries or charger. Id be happy with just 100% charge on the battery i have.

Any ideas? Any locals? I have the orinal helicopter from DJI. So Mavic pro, not the newer 2 models. However I believe the mavic pro and mavic pro 2 share the same charger. I got a guy on the island with a mini but I don't think that charger will work.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

You don't say which Mavic model........ ??

Share some pics- St Croix sounds like a wonderful place to be

Reactions: old man mavic
You don't say which Mavic model........ ??

Share some pics- St Croix sounds like a wonderful place to be

Sorry. Kind of hectic as I'm running out of time. It's the original mavic Pro not the new second generation model. However I think both helicopters use the same charger.

Reactions: old man mavic
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjo the forum!Thumbswayup

This option is a last resort option.

Google your mavic model battery pinouts.
EXample.... Mavic pro battery pinouts.
Connect wires to each battery terminal identified as pos and neg by laying the metal lead from the wire over the battery terminals to make contact.
Run your car for about 15min. This will raise the car battery voltage to about 13.3 volts. Turn car off. Attach the negative wire to your car battery and the positive to your car battery. Monitor the charging to your drone battery. To fully charge the battery you may need to run the car which will raise the voltage to 15.4 v
You need to monitor this process at all times. Be very careful not to short out any wires. I don't know if the led's will flash to indicate charging status. You may need to remove wires from car battery in order to test battery with led's.
Also keep tabs on battery temperature
If battery is charging and gets HOT STOP AND LET IT COOL. PRIOR TO CONTINUING TO CHARGE.
I have charged batteries this way without any issues. I have not charged a Mavic battery with this method, but in times of desperation I believe it will work.

Reactions: Falconstx
This option is a last resort option.

Google your mavic model battery pinouts.
EXample.... Mavic pro battery pinouts.
Connect wires to each battery terminal identified as pos and neg by laying the metal lead from the wire over the battery terminals to make contact.
Run your car for about 15min. This will raise the car battery voltage to about 13.3 volts. Turn car off. Attach the negative wire to your car battery and the positive to your car battery. Monitor the charging to your drone battery. To fully charge the battery you may need to run the car which will raise the voltage to 15.4 v
You need to monitor this process at all times. Be very careful not to short out any wires. I don't know if the led's will flash to indicate charging status. You may need to remove wires from car battery in order to test battery with led's.
Also keep tabs on battery temperature
If battery is charging and gets HOT STOP AND LET IT COOL. PRIOR TO CONTINUING TO CHARGE.
I have charged batteries this way without any issues. I have not charged a Mavic battery with this method, but in times of desperation I believe it will work.

Interesting! I was thinking the same thing! Think I will fly first and use what power I have now, then do this so I don't risk not getting any footage after I ruin the battery! LOL

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre