DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New member, looking for purchase advice

I’ve been saving up for the Mavic three it’s just a matter of time I’m sure all pilots know that I’ve been flying like me for over four years that the three well offer many varieties I just mentioned in my thread yesterday I’ve been flying the first Mavic again had to break her out of her A coma she’s been in and what I really like about the first Mavic won the batteries still work just like they were new no swelling they last as long as they did when I purchased the drone Mavic one is not as smooth flying is the Mavic two pro but you can tell they really spent a lot of time because to me it’s almost perfect the picture quality is just great for the price I believe it was around 1000 bucks and that’s the Drone that hooked meTo start flying and one more thing I have not had to take it for repair one time it was a good investment wanted to share so any new flyers if you ever find a Mavic one that has not been crashed and someone took good care of it you should snag it up

Hi,
I have never spent more than 5 minutes flying a drone, but am looking to purchase. For background, I am a professional stills photographer in Australia (Instagram) mainly working in editorial; news/sport/entertainment/portraiture. I have had a few requests for a drone recently so thought I should look into buying one to add to my kit. Can see it mainly being for stills for work, but would like to shoot video also of course. Can see the longer I am using a drone there might be opportunity to open up to shooting video professionally also.
I'm just trying to make the decision on which one to buy - the main 2 I have been looking at are Air 2S and Mavic Pro 2. I don't like the idea of no side object detection, even for stills I might see it getting into places where I need to get close to objects, who knows. But the Mavic Pro 2 is now 3 years old, and I know there is a 3 coming out at some point.
How do you find the lack of object detection on the 2S? Would you recommend I hold out for 6 months in the hope the Pro 3 comes out?
Any advice would be welcomed, thanks in advance!
Cheers,
Daniel
Hello and welcome to the forum from Sunny Somerset ?
From my perspective, the M2P is still a great camera drone which is what you really need to do professional photography. I've not had any problems getting anything for the M2P as its still reasonably current. You can also trade it up when dji finally puts out it's replacement ?

the main 2 I have been looking at are Air 2S and Mavic Pro 2
Both are very nice drones. I'd personally choose the Air 2S if I could only keep one since it comes packed with the latest available features.

How do you find the lack of object detection on the 2S?
Most drones don't have side detection. And for those that do, those sensors are disabled most of the time.

Would you recommend I hold out for 6 months in the hope the Pro 3 comes out?
Not unless you don't need a drone until then. DJI is always working on new drones and the release dates are never certain (despite the few drone sites that love to hype it up monthly). Even when the next model comes out, it'll likely only be marginally better than the Air 2S.

Reactions: Steel63 and MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erroos