DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Member Request guidance for purchase.

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!

I am looking for guidance in the purchase of my first drone. I would like to use it remotely to monitor my property in Hawaii from my home in Canada. I would also like to be able to program a flight pattern so that the drone could do the monitoring on its own at regular intervals. Am I asking too much from these drones?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Greg
I don’t think that’s happening. As a few people have said, you could hire a local to monitor it, but there‘s no way unless you have a military grade drone.

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world. You will get many good ideas here.

Reactions: Mavikhan
I am looking for guidance in the purchase of my first drone. I would like to use it remotely to monitor my property in Hawaii from my home in Canada. I would also like to be able to program a flight pattern so that the drone could do the monitoring on its own at regular intervals. Am I asking too much from these drones?

Greg
Here's a good read on it all and yes it can be done.
Do an online search for "drone in a box solutions" and you'll see lots that will do what you want but will likely cost a small fortune.

Last edited:
Reactions: wjkrysak

Greg
Put camera in tree😎

Reactions: SeaPig
Welcome to you from Houston. A lot to ponder in this thread.
I have a passion reading about remote flight such as this.
Some of it was learning about where Skydio is going with autonomous AI Ops.
Some of it was watching a vacuum go back into a charging station at a friends house…..Go figure 😁

Greg
Yes they can .. uhm ... I mean will, one day. I would say in less than 10 years. There are already Inspection Robot Dogs in working environments. I'm quite sure we will have an affordable robot dog on the inside of the home and a inspection drone on the out side of the property. Both would work through your homes wi fi. The drone and robot dog of course would be able to return to a recharge dock. Video will be able to be shown to you or the police, or both in real time. The drone will even be able to follow trespasser for as long as it can realistically. Not too long ago home video surveillance that you could monitor from 6000 miles away was scoffed at. I see a multi trillion dollar field in the making. I also see the robot dog working in direct conjunction with drone out side. The robo dog would have to have an electronic 'doggy door' to inspect out side ... checking pool chemicals, looking for irrigation/sprinkler leaks, broken windows ...

Reactions: wjkrysak
Why would you think it's "Troll"? Kind of silly to even say that.
If you've read the thread you'd see I've posted links showing it is possible to do what the OP wants.
Silly? Are you aware of any current or pending rules that would permit such operation? If not, then my post is not silly.

Not by any current nor anticipated rules.
Trolling is when someone post or comments online to deliberately upset others.
Asking if something is possible (particularly by someone with no experience in the area) isn't trolling.

Asking if something is possible (particularly by someone with no experience in the area) isn't trolling.
I know perfectly well what trolling is. It just seemed like such an outlandish proposition given current and anticipated rules that I assumed someone was stirring the pot.

Silly? Are you aware of any current or pending rules that would permit such operation? If not, then my post is not silly.
Yes, silly asking/insunuating someone is trolling when the question was legitimate. If you think that it was breaking the rules then contact a moderator. Asking/insinuating it was trolling was actually trolling.

Last edited:
Asking if something is possible (particularly by someone with no experience in the area) isn't trollin

Yes, silly asking asking/insunuating someone is trolling when the question was legitimate. If you think that it was breaking the rules then contact a moderator. Asking/insinuating it was trolling was actually trolling.
So, you think that transcontinental and transoceanic remote piloting is a legitimate question? Good grief.

So, you think that transcontinental and transoceanic remote piloting is a legitimate question? Good grief.
You are definately trolling now and disrupting the thread. As I said, contact a moderator and let them know your concerns.

Reactions: Meta4
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13