DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Member Request guidance for purchase.

Dakmon

Reactions
I am looking for guidance in the purchase of my first drone. I would like to use it remotely to monitor my property in Hawaii from my home in Canada. I would also like to be able to program a flight pattern so that the drone could do the monitoring on its own at regular intervals. Am I asking too much from these drones?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Greg

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

You will need to hire a local pilot to fly and send you reports

I am looking for guidance in the purchase of my first drone. I would like to use it remotely to monitor my property in Hawaii from my home in Canada. I would also like to be able to program a flight pattern so that the drone could do the monitoring on its own at regular intervals. Am I asking too much from these drones?

Greg
Some of that is possible... ...just NOT from Canada.

Welcome from Savannah, GA.

Greg
Maybe something like this?

Am I asking too much from these drones?
You are not asking too much if you know where to shop and your pockets are deep enough…

stark.gif

I could be interested in monitoring your Hawaiian property for you.

Probably just as difficult from Pennsylvania as it is from Canada. lol

Not if you're transferred there.

A sweet retirement gig. 👍

That's what I'm talking about!

Hello from the Crossroads of America Dakmon

Welcome to the Forum. 😎

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup
Well, in theory you could possibly do it with the 5G dongle for the M3, however some one still needs to place the aircraft at the location. You could fly it remotely in countries that support it. 5G is a thing you know.:)

Thanks for the warm welcomes. Some good ideas, and yes I may end up there eventually just not yet.
Greetings Dakmon, welcome to the forum from the outback of Australia. 🖐️I’m up for a trip to the islands. 😀
Regards

Welcome Dakmon . Now that would be a cool little dji feature but aside from being an electronic genius with some bucks, I am Pretty sure you need to look at drone makers that sell to the govt. I hear AAC Drone co. has a nice model with global capabilities and thermal target painting capabilities for around 35 million but I think for that you only get 1 battery and I hear they are a beast to fly in sport mode.

Last edited:
I am looking for guidance in the purchase of my first drone. I would like to use it remotely to monitor my property in Hawaii from my home in Canada. I would also like to be able to program a flight pattern so that the drone could do the monitoring on its own at regular intervals.
No-one has spelled it out so ...
You could get a drone to do that for you .. if you were on site to start it up, shut it down, charge and change the batteries etc,
But it's not possible to sit back in Canada and have a drone do all that for you at that distance.
How you would get to see the recorded videos is another matter.
And if you could, it wouldn't last very long leaving it out in the weather in Hawaii.
For now the idea is impractical and not one that would work.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer