DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mini 2 Pilot Lake Wales, FL

tscali41

Reactions
Today I decided to try my drone over a lake in our community. I was taking videos trying to get used to the video system. All of a sudden I got a red restriction notice and it took up virtually the whole viewing screen. I didn't know that this was a restricted area. I wanted to get out of there ASAP. I tried to use return to home function on the cell phone screen and it did not work. Fortunately I could see the hight and distance, so I manipulated the controller to get the drone back. I contacted DJI and they said I needed to unlock the restriction and they provided a video; but it did not help. I also spoke to a neighbor who has several drones and he said that he never got that restriction notice. Two questions: (1) How do I unlock a restricted screen in case this problem comes up again? (2) I would like to call the City of Lake Wales and find out why this happened to me and not to others. My neighbor has a larger drone and he is registered with the appropriate authorities. Since I have a Mini 2 I did not register it. Could this be the problem?

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland tscali41.

I looked at AIRMAP and your area looks clear to fly.

I can't help you on how to unlock the areas needed.

I can welcome you to the Forum. :cool:

Thanks for responding. I hope someone else can answer the question.

Welcome to the forum! :)

What exactly appeared on that restricted screen?

The city is not going to be able to assist you with your drone.

No.
I remember seeing something from City of Lake Wales, Two blue areas with text. Tried clicking on both but nothing happened. I was nervous and just wanted to get my drone back to home.

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Welcome to the Mini 2 Family.

Couple of things you should do as your a little bit overwhelmed.
Post a video of that screen even if you have to hover around just to get it as many of us have never seen it.
Also post the exact location of where your flying to see if other seasoned pilots can get approval .

I think you will up and running in not time.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain and Land on Water.

Greetings and welcome from Fort Pierce. I wonder if what you saw was unrelated to the drone, but came through your phone overwriting the screen? A public service announcement, perhaps? Lake Wales is a small place. I doubt they have much say or technical ability to control airspace. Any chance you could get a friend with a boat to take you & drone out to the area in question? Fire up the drone (without actually flying it) and see if it happens again. Be prepared to do screen captures.

Greetings and welcome from Fort Pierce. I wonder if what you saw was unrelated to the drone, but came through your phone overwriting the screen? A public service announcement, perhaps? Lake Wales is a small place. I doubt they have much say or technical ability to control airspace. Any chance you could get a friend with a boat to take you & drone out to the area in question? Fire up the drone (without actually flying it) and see if it happens again. Be prepared to do screen captures.
Thanks. Yours is a good suggestion. I have a friend with a boat and I will try it.

Reactions: Steel63
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman