DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mini 2, V1.4.12 .. no 5.8GHz channels??

cranngel

Reactions
Hi all, new Mini 2 owner here (had mavic previously) .. Running 1.4.12, normal setup out of the box with updating firmware, etc. One issue I am seeing is that under "Transmission" in the app, I don't get any option to select 2.4Ghz or 5.8GHz when selecting Manual. The frequencies shown when I adjust them manually are all in the 2.4GHz band. I have a GPS lock here in the US. I am in a warning zone if that makes a difference. I am concerned that my unit is not using any of the 5.8GHz channels, just 2.4 and I can't figure out why. I'm in the US (San Diego, CA) and have multiple GPS satellites. Any ideas??
Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi all, new Mini 2 owner here (had mavic previously) .. Running 1.4.12, normal setup out of the box with updating firmware, etc. One issue I am seeing is that under "Transmission" in the app, I don't get any option to select 2.4Ghz or 5.8GHz when selecting Manual. The frequencies shown when I adjust them manually are all in the 2.4GHz band. I have a GPS lock here in the US. I am in a warning zone if that makes a difference. I am concerned that my unit is not using any of the 5.8GHz channels, just 2.4 and I can't figure out why. I'm in the US (San Diego, CA) and have multiple GPS satellites. Any ideas??
Thanks!

Strange as I see both frequencies on mine and its the CE version as im in the Uk, there have been three versions of 1.4.12 the latest being 211015,

Yes, it is weird. I have tried two different android devices, my phone (S10) and a samsung tablet. both show the same thing. The top is the streaming settings and then it shows the "channel mode", the whole frequency setting is missing. Thinking it was my brand new drone, I exchanged it from BB where I bought it. New one does the same thing. I have really only tried it near my home (Near San Diego), maybe I need to go further away, maybe some sort of glitch around my location .. not sure ..

Last edited:
I messed around enough that I got it working. Posting what I did in case someone else has a similar issue.

What finally worked was deleting the DJI Fly app and getting a old version. I tried several, anything older than V1.3 would not install properly. What I got to work was installing v 1.4.0 and taking my drone about 5 miles away from where I had been doing most of my efforts. When I connected the done and controller .. it was all there. I then let the software install the latest version and it was still there and working!!!. I have two android devices so after doing that on the first, I just plugged in the second one that had been having the same issue and it was all there on that one too. so, seems like once it shows up it will work, I did not have to roll that one back to the previous version. I am not sure what actually fixed it, moving to a different location or rolling it back to V 1.4.0 but .. it is working now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98