DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New mini 4 PRO owner and having issues

brevard2024

Reactions
I did the updates soon as i had batteries charge, I fear something is not right with drone. I have a mini 3, and the SDcard has MP$ files like this, DJI_0141.MP4. plays find on computer
For the mini 4 pro, i see 3 files for each video, DJI_20240801 16519_0004_D.LRF .SRT .MP4 the MP4 file will not play on my computer, tried 1080, and 4k30fps.
I hangs a long time, maybe a few frames run, then hangs again. Any thoughts?
thanks

For the mini 4 pro, i see 3 files for each video, DJI_20240801 16519_0004_D.LRF .SRT .MP4 the MP4 file will not play on my computer, tried 1080, and 4k30fps.
Yep, that is normal for the files that recorded. The final media you should use in projects is the mp4 file, and LRF is a low res version streamed to the RC that is also playable if you change the extension to .mp4. So we should assume for now that nothing is wrong with the media being recorded.

The obvious question is 'what are you trying to edit and play back on ?'. 4K video requires a relatively modern system with fairly decent CPU and GPU. This is made much more obvious if you are trying to record in H.265 / 10-bit, which requires much more real-time decode performance than H.264 8-bit files do.

Video pausing and stuttering is the primary symptom of a system that is simply not capable of dealing with 150 Mb/sec high resolution H.265 footage. It is more surprising that it struggles even with 1080P, as even quite old systems can handle that. So if you think that may be the case, try changing to H.264 / Normal Video Profile in the video record options, which should produce more playable files.

Also, are you transferring the files to a hard drive first, or just trying to play them back from the craft via USB, which might be another bottleneck on older systems ? Always move files to the fastest drive (ideally an NVMe drive) you have for editing and playback.

Last edited:
I did the updates soon as i had batteries charge, I fear something is not right with drone. I have a mini 3, and the SDcard has MP$ files like this, DJI_0141.MP4. plays find on computer
I hangs a long time, maybe a few frames run, then hangs again. Any thoughts?
thanks
The .SRT file is a subtitle track - you can switch this off in the camera menu.

Check the write speed of your SD card, cheap, slow cards can force buffering during recording.

Concur with the previous comment: change the recording codec from H265 to H264 and try recording a clip at 1080/30: then @ 4K/30: 4K/60 etc... see if the clips show frame skip/jitter, or where they start to display playback problems. Then alter the codec to H265: start again and try the higher frame rates.

I witched to H264, no improvement, so he mini 3 MP4 file , which computer plays fine, has different codec than H264?
My WIN10 computer is 8 years old. I will find someone with newer computer to try. Other issues with drone, the RC2 touch screen fails to work sometimes, and one time, drone was on kitchen table, the video feed on RC2 when wacko, just sitting there, zoom changed, other menus came and went. So I plan on returning the whole thing to DJI to get new. SD card is new SandDISk ImageMate Pro, 200Mb/s read, 90 write

I witched to H264, no improvement, so he mini 3 MP4 file , which computer plays fine, has different codec than H264?
My WIN10 computer is 8 years old. I will find someone with newer computer to try. Other issues with drone, the RC2 touch screen fails to work sometimes, and one time, drone was on kitchen table, the video feed on RC2 when wacko, just sitting there, zoom changed, other menus came and went. So I plan on returning the whole thing to DJI to get new. SD card is new SandDISk ImageMate Pro, 200Mb/s read, 90 write
Deliberately choosing to record one clip using H264 and then another with H265 will give you a clear idea if it is older computer hardware that is unable to handle the processing load (sounds like this was the case).

You've eliminated one of the 'Usual Suspects' (microSD card), but what you've mentioned about the kitchen table RC2 incident: I'd be inclined to send it back for replacement regardless.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudyr