DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New MM firmware just out

What is DJI assistant 2 I'm really new to this and trying to learn.

As @RichR has stated, it is PC software that you can download and install off of the DJI website. It is mentioned in the manual.

It has a number of good features, and allows you to check on the current version of the MM, the RC and also the batteries.

I use it for all my updates, and just as a resource to keep tabs on what updates are doing.

I would advise that you install it and get familiar with it.

Cheers and stay safe!

Does the battery that’s in at the time of MM update get the battery update. It’s just when I put in the other 2 batteries then they updated manually, the Forest didn’t.

Also I didn’t get a RC update, how is this updated? Via when the MM updates?
If you use the Fly app the RC gets updated automatically. If the DJI Assistant 2 is used, you need to separately update the RC and MM.

If you use the Fly app the RC gets updated automatically. If the DJI Assistant 2 is used, you need to separately update the RC and MM.

Thanks. I just updated via DJI fly app. First battery that was in must be updated automatically as well. The other 2 batteries required manual update in the app.

All updated, off to try new update....

Does the battery that’s in at the time of MM update get the battery update. It’s just when I put in the other 2 batteries then they updated manually, the Forest didn’t.

Also I didn’t get a RC update, how is this updated? Via when the MM updates?
i have always done firmware updates using the app and have never had any issues
you need the RC AC and device turned on as if you are going to fly
the screen will tell you there is an update available and will say download, touch the screen and the process will begin, make sure you have a good WIFI signal and as the update changes to installing, then the light on the rear of the drone will go on and off and change colour from time to time as the firmware is installed, also the motors will twitch like they do on start up and the gimbal will dance around as well, the battery that is in the drone at the time will get its update as well, then towards the end of the install the drone will switch off ,and then the RC will get its update, when this is happening the 4 green lights will flash at different speeds as the update is in progress ,if all goes well you will get a message telling you update successful, one last thing to do before you switch of the RC and device, is to restart the AC to lock the update into its memory

I have all the latest fw yet no mentioning of white balance at all
Is there anything im doing wrong
Help needed please
Thanx Rob

Many thanks! This update seems to be a top one! I've just updated my Mini from the app. I was only asked to update once, with the first battery. After inserting the 2nd and third battery, even after waiting more than 3 minutes, the app shows that the firmware installed is V1.00.0500 and doesn't ask to made a new update.

Am i missing something? manual White Balance was introduced with the last App update?
I’ve noticed today AE Lock stays on for Quick Shots now
Hi TDZHDTV.
The manual white balance was available only when shooting photos and not available for video if I remember correctly in the last app update.

Many thanks! This update seems to be a top one! I've just updated my Mini from the app. I was only asked to update once, with the first battery. After inserting the 2nd and third battery, even after waiting more than 3 minutes, the app shows that the firmware installed is V1.00.0500 and doesn't ask to made a new update.

Its true, when I inserted the 2nd battery and manually checked for updates it displayed that the latest is already installed but after a while it prompted for battery FW update.

I only saw the update messages for the 2nd and 3rd battery on the "splashscreen" and nothing in the "camera view" screen that you'd usually be in for flying

Did the update now I can not get permission to fly. Been trying for a couple hours. Will give me a code but keeps telling me I typed the wrong one. Then when I select my spot it says spark instead of mini.

I did the AC, RC and first battery from the Fly app, then after putting in another battery and not getting any option to update that, I plugged it into my laptop to do the other two batteries with the Assistant program. It pops up a box saying some modules (ie the battery) aren't at the latest firmware when you use the Assistant.

Reactions: Bernard
What a day to fly... ND32 filter, iso100, 24fps, 1/50 shutter.... AE lock now stays locked in Quickshots........ happy days ?

ps still can’t read the White Information at the top of the screen ?, Manual White balance still Doesn’t temporarily switch to camera view when adjusting with iOS (it does with Android) ??

What a day to fly... ND32 filter, iso100, 24fps, 1/50 shutter.... AE lock now stays locked in Quickshots........ happy days ?

ps still can’t read the White Information at the top of the screen ?, Manual White balance still Doesn’t temporarily switch to camera view when adjusting with iOS (it does with Android) ??
you lucky so and so after my update best i could do was a 5 min hover in the back garden

Am i missing something? manual White Balance was introduced with the last App update?
I’ve noticed today AE Lock stays on for Quick Shots now
If you tap the camera icon to the right of the AE lock button, it brings up a menu where you can set shutter speed and ISO. In the previous version, that only worked in Photo mode, and I haven't tested it, but I presume the enhancement is that it now works for Video mode, too?

Reactions: old man mavic
What difference does the 2.7K 24fps now give? Whatever it was last time, 30? I just kept it on that as thought the higher the better?

Wish I knew more about all the manual settings being discussed as well! Pretty much on auto and hope for the best!

No documentation update for the new functions from DJI yet either. Still on v1 it states online. They should updated it now as a few extra functions in now, and hopefully explanation for me on new photo and video manual modes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunatico028