DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New movie showing the capabilities of the 3x optical zoom of M3P

Nice.
Good demonstration of the capabilities of the 3x camera.
What focusing method did you use?
Thanks. I always use AF-C on ships and never had any issues. Once locked the focus never miss the ship even in difficult situations against the light.

Reactions: Hauptmann
Caro Roberto: Brilhante vídeo de Kiran Marmara com MP3Pro. Simplesmente me surpreendeu e todo o meu trabalho é marítimo no Porto de NY/NJ. A maior parte do meu trabalho é em helicópteros tripulados por causa das dificuldades de permissão para pilotar drones, mas eu uso drones ocasionalmente: principalmente meu Inspire2, embora eu tenha o Mavic3Classic. Sua capacidade de voar é incrível. A que distância estava o navio quando você começou a filmar? E quantas vezes você trouxe o drone de volta ?? Eu estou impressionado. Também traduzi sua explicação. Espero que sua filha esteja bem. PLEASE GET IN TOUCH. [email protected]

Thanks. I always use AF-C on ships and never had any issues. Once locked the focus never miss the ship even in difficult situations against the light.

Thanks. I experience focus hunting especially with 7x lens on Mavic 3 ( not Pro) and therefore I only touch focus before start recording and then switch to MF to lock the focus. In your video you keep changing distance from the ship so my method would likely not work well. You do not have focus hunting issues in AF-C with the 3x lens on M3P? And what about the 7x camera?

Film captured yesterday at Santos Seaport (-23° 58' 33.60" S -46° 17' 20.02" W) showing the capabilities of the new 3x optical zoom.
Used the ND16 filter from the kit at 4k 30fps. Thank you.

I have been absolutely thrilled with the additional capabilities that the x3 lens brings... thanks for sharing

Thanks. I experience focus hunting especially with 7x lens on Mavic 3 ( not Pro) and therefore I only touch focus before start recording and then switch to MF to lock the focus. In your video you keep changing distance from the ship so my method would likely not work well. You do not have focus hunting issues in AF-C with the 3x lens on M3P? And what about the 7x camera?
The depth of field with those cameras is so great, that it's difficult not to have things more than a few yards away out of focus if you're toward the infinity end of the scale. So, fixed manual focus should be fine for ship photography. Using fixed focus eliminates any focus hunting problems with video.

There was a good discussion of this sometime within the past year. If you're interested, do a search for hyperfocal distance. Some very knowledgeable folks provided some excellent information.

The depth of field with those cameras is so great, that it's difficult not to have things more than a few yards away out of focus if you're toward the infinity end of the scale. So, fixed manual focus should be fine for ship photography. Using fixed focus eliminates any focus hunting problems with video.

There was a good discussion of this sometime within the past year. If you're interested, do a search for hyperfocal distance. Some very knowledgeable folks provided some excellent information.
All true for the 24mm lens main camera. But not so when you are shooting with longer lenses subjects close such as with these new 70mm and 166mm lenses on Mavic3Pro. Accurate focusing is now more important then before.

There was a good discussion of this sometime within the past year. If you're interested, do a search for hyperfocal distance. Some very knowledgeable folks provided some excellent

Autofocus works well for me with all three cameras.
Are you talking about tap to focus when taking photos or continuous auto focus when shooting videos? Because on Mavic 3 the continuous auto focus with 162mm lens is breathing and pretty much unusable.

Are you talking about tap to focus when taking photos or continuous auto focus when shooting videos? Because on Mavic 3 the continuous auto focus with 162mm lens is breathing and pretty much unusable.
I'm talking about autofocus and it works well with all three cameras.
I've been using the Mavic 3 pro since the day it was released and not seem any problem.
I came home yesterday with > 500 images yesterday and each appears to be perfectly in focus.

I'm talking about autofocus and it works well with all three cameras.
I've been using the Mavic 3 pro since the day it was released and not seem any problem.
I came home yesterday with > 500 images yesterday and each appears to be perfectly in focus.
AF and AF-C are two different things. I get it that all your photos turn out nice and sharp using AF when taking stills. Shooting video using AF-C is however completely different thing. I am interested if the AF-C has been improved on M3Pro to the point of being usable with all 3 cameras.

Shooting video using AF-C is however completely different thing. I am interested if the AF-C has been improved on M3Pro to the point of being usable with all 3 cameras.
AF-C ??
I can't find AF-C on the Mavic 3 ... Just AF or Manual focus

AF-C ??
I can't find AF-C on the Mavic 3 ... Just AF or Manual focus
There is no AF-C per se. But when shooting video the AF is in fact in AF-C mode. It keeps focusing while shooting, and hunting/breathing while trying to establish focus "on the fly" so to speak. It is basically unusable on M3 with 162mm. So I wonder if it has been improved on M3Pro on 70mm and 166mm cameras so it can be used without ruining the videos.

There is no AF-C per se. But when shooting video the AF is in fact in AF-C mode. It keeps focusing while shooting, and hunting/breathing while trying to establish focus "on the fly" so to speak. It is basically unusable on M3 with 162mm. So I wonder if it has been improved on M3Pro on 70mm and 166mm cameras so it can be used without ruining the videos.
If I remember, next time I get out, I'll shoot some test video to see how it goes.

Caro Roberto: Brilhante vídeo de Kiran Marmara com MP3Pro. Simplesmente me surpreendeu e todo o meu trabalho é marítimo no Porto de NY/NJ. A maior parte do meu trabalho é em helicópteros tripulados por causa das dificuldades de permissão para pilotar drones, mas eu uso drones ocasionalmente: principalmente meu Inspire2, embora eu tenha o Mavic3Classic. Sua capacidade de voar é incrível. A que distância estava o navio quando você começou a filmar? E quantas vezes você trouxe o drone de volta ?? Eu estou impressionado. Também traduzi sua explicação. Espero que sua filha esteja bem. PLEASE GET IN TOUCH. [email protected]

Hi Jonathan, I hope all is well out there. I've been doing this work at the seaport of Santos for about seven years and I've developed my own techniques after more than two thousand flights. I usually perform the first aerial shot three kilometers away from the home point in order to reach the ship sailing at greater speed and isolated from the city. As the ship approaches, I try to film some well-known points of interest in my city so that my channel subscribers can find out where the largest port in Latin America is located. I started filming with a Phantom 4 Pro and today I use a Mavic 3 Pro kindly provided by my friend Fabio Fontes, the oldest pilot in activity in the world at 84 years old. I am very grateful for mentioning my daughter and I wish you all the best. I hope to be able to exchange many experiences from now on. Take care and please feel free to ask anything you need.

Attachments

• Log.jpg
    Log.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman