DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New new to mavic

jwciv

Reactions
So.... brand new out of box. charge all up. hook up android phone to controller using cable. crank all up. app unpacks? DJI accept screen. asks to register. I have account (former phantom 3 advanced owner) ... input data. internet issues. wifi acting wack. kill wifi on phone. registers over cellular. so, why wifi wack?
and .... notification says firmware needs updating. says i can connect the drone (that doesn't like sitting .... internal fan comes on .... makes me feel like things are urgent) to the controller and update. says it's better to do this with wifi. but .... wifi wack. oh ... and was surprised that there's a fan in the controller as well....nice.
what i thought .... if not using the controller then you connect the phone / tablet to the drone to fly via wifi (by flipping the switch) .... this would cause loss of internet i'm sure .... which is understandable. help please.

“WiFi wack” isn’t descriptive enough of the problem to be of help.

“WiFi wack” isn’t descriptive enough of the problem to be of help.
Maybe u r right. If this hasnt happened to you.....let me add this..... i fully expected the need for some kind of update.... so i was indoors.... and initially connected to wifi. It showed my home router in the available list when i searched to see what was up. Showed i was connected. But no internet was transmitting..... said so at router list.

Last edited:
Reactions: radman
anyone ever experience magic pro autolanding with 55% battery left, or battery level well above warning levels

Reactions: GooterFly68
Anyone ever experience magic? Or maybe you've experienced someone hijacking your thread?
But.... to answer your question Badger....NO. Thanks for the question. Have a wonderful day.

If the fan coming on makes you nervous, you need to calm down. This is a normal function of the Mavic. Be sure that you have read the entire Mavic User Manual. Also, check out this sits DJI Mavic Accessories & Tips - Mavic Help

Also, it would make your posts easier to understand if you would use complete sentences rather than stream of consciousness.

And if your router isn't "transmitting the internet", then you should correct that problem with the router (probably by resetting it).

Last edited:
So if I can understand your initial post, you attempted to register while connected to wifi but it was "wack". As mentioned, this does not describe any actual issue... so it could have been anything. If I had to guess, I'd say it either timed out because DJI's servers are terrible or you were not connected to your wifi correctly. You then switched to cell data and everything was fine. You then wanted to do a firmware update but never tried wifi again so there was actually no indication that it would not have worked correctly.

Reactions: Mike357
Thanks. I dont have enough time or energy to police the web for grammar inaccuracies. I'm qualified to do so ... but no thanks. I'd rather argue with a drunk. This has been great.
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your intimate areas.

Did you try updating the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 application? If not, give that a shot. I found it's easier than trying to update from DJI GO. If needed, you can download the DJI Assistant 2 installer here.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Youser
Thanks. I dont have enough time or energy to police the web for grammar inaccuracies. I'm qualified to do so ... but no thanks. I'd rather argue with a drunk. This has been great.
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your intimate areas.
ummm....speaking of drunks^

Welcome to the forum.

With WiFi on, do you have any problems viewing the DJI.COM site through browser (not app) on the device?

thank you all so much for the replys. I will try to replicate the issue and report back with a more descriptive representation.
an additional question - which inexpensive non-apple device that's not a cell phone works best as a monitor?

which inexpensive non-apple device that's not a cell phone works best as a monitor?
You can find a list of recommended and commonly used Android devices here.

The Mavic can interfere with your home WiFi (depending on your router). As a result, updating via WiFi could have issues (or "wack" as you put it). Cell service would not have the same problems. Read here for more on this:

Killing my wifi??

Reactions: zebmeat
When controller and mavic are connected then home wifi is dead. THIS IS TRUE and even i have a 2 band cisco router (x3500) the internference is there.

Reactions: zebmeat and jwciv
The Mavic uses the 2.4 band.

I notice if my ipad is connected via 2.4 GHZ wireless I get an interference signal before I take off. I changed the ipad setup to use the 5.8 wireless frequency and so far no close in interference signal.

Reactions: zebmeat and jwciv
Finally. People with answers. THANKS SO MUCH!!!!! So what happens when you turn off the WIFI on the tablet?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erpator