DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Old Guy From Georgia

groundpounder

Reactions
My Mavic Air 2 was delivered last week. It's my first time to own or fly a drone. I have about 90 minutes of flight time so far. I'm doing things in baby steps; because starting out with something this expensive feels like the first time I did a crossword puzzle in ink....it's a little scary. I joined the forum because I know there is a wealth of knowledge here that might keep me out of trouble. Before anyone asks, my screen name has nothing to do with my expectations as a drone pilot. I spent 30 years as an Army Infantryman. We called our chopper pilots flyboys and they called us groundpounders; so it just seemed appropriate.

Welcome to the forum. I am also an Army Vietnam era veteran flying in Georgia (Sandy Springs and Columbus). You will find valuable support and feedback here. Contact me if I may be helpful. Wish you well on your flights. We look forward to seeing your part of the world

Welcome to the forum. I am also an Army Vietnam era veteran flying in Georgia (Sandy Springs and Columbus). You will find valuable support and feedback here. Contact me if I may be helpful. Wish you well on your flights. We look forward to seeing your part of the world
Thank you. I retired from Ft. McPherson...lived in Lilburn at the time. I am in Columbus now. Maybe we can get together after the Covid-19 thing is no longer a threat.

My Mavic Air 2 was delivered last week. It's my first time to own or fly a drone. I have about 90 minutes of flight time so far. I'm doing things in baby steps; because starting out with something this expensive feels like the first time I did a crossword puzzle in ink....it's a little scary. I joined the forum because I know there is a wealth of knowledge here that might keep me out of trouble. Before anyone asks, my screen name has nothing to do with my expectations as a drone pilot. I spent 30 years as an Army Infantryman. We called our chopper pilots flyboys and they called us groundpounders; so it just seemed appropriate.
First ,THANK YOU FOR SERVICE. Welcome to the forum you'll find a lot of information posted here. Enjoy and fly safe.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to you from the wide-open spaces of Texas!

Haven’t flown in GA yet. Guess I'll have to see it thru your lens (a mighty fine one). The MA2 is a fabulous machine for the beginner and the pro alike.

Lots of fellow neighbors and others of us from around the world are here to help you gain skill as a pilot and photographer.

Be sure to read the manual! Be sure you practice using "Find My Drone". Chances are you’ll crash, and perhaps lose your MA2). Just be sure you know how to retrieve it!

Glad to have you with us!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada