DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New option for lanyard mount on Smart Controller

Here is another method, inexpensive, also I use the fly more soft bag strap as a lanyard.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191110-110145_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20191110-110145_eBay.jpg
    427 KB · Views: 84
Flew RC for years with single center attachment (that controller was well over $1000) so I always maintained positive control when connected.

I have the GPC on mine and have no spinning issues - I don't let it dangle though and maintaining positive control is ingrained. I have it merely as a safety precaution in case something causes me to accidentally drop it.

I do prefer a horizontal support but I'm not trimming my GPC case for that one..
it does work well but sometimes a dual connection point is better so the RC doesnt spin around like it would on a single connection

Twirling your Smart Controller? It's an aid to free your hands, not fly the drone with. YMMV
Right. And when I've bent down or over to move the drone or the landing pad or replace a battery, the SC dangles and then many times would twist or rotate so that the screen would be facing inward. With two points, it always remains facing the correct way (for me).

Right. And when I've bent down or over to move the drone or the landing pad or replace a battery, the SC dangles and then many times would twist or rotate so that the screen would be facing inward. With two points, it always remains facing the correct way (for me).
this is why I like the 2 points of connection. cause also if the thing spins while on the sticks may hit your body and do something funny like start the drone. never know

Reactions: ff22
I always suggest positive control, regardless of single or dual mounting point - I would never let my controller dangle intentionally.

I always set my SC down if it is needed or hold one handed while I perform the other tasks. All of the above I do one handed while also holding the controller or I will set the controller down. Seldom do I have to move my landing pad, if I move the drone or remove batteries then I power the SC off (when practical) and set down in between .

I don't understand introducing any workflow into flying that would cause me to lose positive control of my SC at any point. As I said, this is for safety alone in case of accident and I would never promote allowing it to merely dangle and potentially spin. I would do the same regardless of a single or dual point connection.

Not intending to be argumentative - I am safety cautious and ensure that while I fly, I do so in the safest manner for both myself, my equipment, as well as for the area in which I fly. I once flew 42% scale aerobatic planes with very large gas motors. If I did lose positive control of the controller it could be catastrophic and life threatening... I use the same practice regardless of device.. YMMV.

Reactions: ff22
I got this one and love it. It keeps the controller horizontal and is more like when I flew RV planes. frees up your hands a lot more giving you more control. I addd release clips to the lanyard so I can easily take the lanyard off the mount when packing it up. View attachment 84683View attachment 84681View attachment 84680View attachment 84682
I saw that and I like the idea, but how does it work when you try to use the touch screen controls? Is the vertical metal part going to be in the way of moving your thumb back and forth from the sticks to the screen?

Reactions: Eat More Possum
TruGreen,

Are you selling these?

Do you have a link for purchase?

Can you just buy the folding "D Rings?"

Thank you
I finally found the Lanyard Screws for the Smart Controller...they are selling on ebay....here is the link.........https://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Smart-Controller-Lanyard-Mounting-Eye-Hole-Screws/313337858405?hash=item48f4644965:g:pY0AAOSwX2pf0mkc

not selling but the link is in the 1st post. tinyrigs.com. and they only sell as a combo. dont list just the screws alone
I finally found the Lanyard Screws for the Smart Controller...they are selling on ebay....here is the link.........https://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Smart-Controller-Lanyard-Mounting-Eye-Hole-Screws/313337858405?hash=item48f4644965:g:pY0AAOSwX2pf0mkc

And you are absolutely shure about that because I have a whole bunch of exactly the same D-ring screws to my photography gears and they all is 1/4 inch threads?

That screw is a standard 1/4 inch made for photography tripods for holding cameras to the swivelling head. Can be bought from every store that sell camera equipments.
I believe this is inaccurate. Other posts suggest metric M4 .07's. to avoid stripping threads :-( carefully try to start threads and if you meet ANY resistance.... STOP

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Terancemcleod29