DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Owner here

AZrrt

Reactions
Hey everyone.,

Just ordered me a Mavic and look forward to flying this thing. Im used to flying my dads P4 but I thought id get my own and try the Mavic Pro out. I will be flying with a Galaxy S8. I do have an iPad mini and iPad pro but they may be too big.

Any tips for when I first get this set up?

Appreciate the help

Reactions: dirkclod
Hey everyone.,

Just ordered me a Mavic and look forward to flying this thing. Im used to flying my dads P4 but I thought id get my own and try the Mavic Pro out. I will be flying with a Galaxy S8. I do have an iPad mini and iPad pro but they may be too big.

Appreciate the help
Howdy from Wyoming AZrrt, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Whoops..had i paid more attention I would have seen this forum for newbies lol

Thank Bunny

Reactions: AZrrt
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Reactions: AZrrt
Welcome dude ! Hope you will have pleasure with your MP !

Both your iPads are fine to fly [emoji6] check the forum you will find a lot exemple ! Don't hesitate if you have question !

Will I be able to fly just fine with the galaxy 8 + or can I use my ipad mini?

IMO use your iPad mini ! iOS is more stable than android.
And you will have a better view of your flight.
Just check for a mount that you like

Hey everyone.,

Appreciate the help

3c10d0fb525dba9b0a9a9cc7f1e4c5d3.jpg

I fly with the Mini 4, I made my mount for it myself out of spare parts and old hands free car kits I had.
Here is my personal experience. Again I'm not saying one thing is better than the other thing so I don't want to start a debate here.
I bought my Mavic pro back in December 2016 when they were still really hard to find. I have over 300 flights 600 miles and 50 some odd hours on the MP. I have owned two P4's also. I actually just sold one of my P4's because once I got the Mavic that was all I ever flew. I have used iOS on all three drones with never even the slightest problem. My Mavic pro has performed flawlessly from day one on every firmware version and has given me no trouble whatsoever. In fact the only time I have ever had any problems was while I was experimenting with android, and before you guys say anything I am well-versed on android operating systems also. Call me lucky or say I just ended up with a well built Mavic.........but whatever it is I am still running my original props that were on it when I bought it back in December, never even come anywhere close to anything resembling a crash in over 300 flights. So based on my experience as long as you stick with something running a current iOS version you will be fine. My daughter is 13 years old and has never flown anything remote controlled of any kind. She watches me fly my drones a lot. I handed her the controls to my Mavic one day and let her fly out the rest of the battery around 15 minutes or so. And going off of nothing but what I told her to do, within five minutes she looked like she had been flying the MP for months. She actually brought it in and landed it herself too.

Reactions: NinjaNut
Will I be able to fly just fine with the galaxy 8 + or can I use my ipad mini?
Hi AZrrt... I have the s8 (not the +), and it works moderately well with the dji go app. I've had a few crashes (of the app, not my Mavic) during flight, and it only takes about 15 seconds to fire it back up...that's certainly not excusing dji from giving us a less-than-stable app, but it does not detract from my enjoyment.

I'm a relatively new pilot, so maybe I don't know better.

My advice: stick to performance mode, keep it line of sight until you get your feet wet, and above all, RTFM! [emoji3]

ENJOY!

Hi AZrrt... I have the s8 (not the +), and it works moderately well with the dji go app. I've had a few crashes (of the app, not my Mavic) during flight, and it only takes about 15 seconds to fire it back up...that's certainly not excusing dji from giving us a less-than-stable app, but it does not detract from my enjoyment.

I'm a relatively new pilot, so maybe I don't know better.

My advice: stick to performance mode, keep it line of sight until you get your feet wet, and above all, RTFM! [emoji3]

ENJOY!

That's another thing AZrrt, and thanks for reminding me Samson because I forgot to mention it earlier. Out of my now approaching 400 flights on my Mavic alone, DJI GO has never crashed on me once during flight. Now don't get me wrong I've dropped video, all contact completely, had some hiccups here and there........but the app has never crashed. The only things I have ever used to fly with are.

128 GB iPhone 6s Plus
256 GB iPhone 7 Plus
128 GB iPad Mini 4

No app crashes
No Mavic crashes

To each his own but I'm sticking with Apple

Welcome from another newbie. :)

I'm an Android guy all the way but when it came time to figure out what to utilize as the main tablet for the Mavic, it was iOS all the way with a iPad Mini 4. Honestly, I don't trust the Android app with much more posts about crashes on the Android side of things. In all of the research, i did not see a single post about crashes on iOS so that decision was easy.

Ymmv but I chose iOS for the Mavic even though Android is still what I prefer for other things. Good luck and be safe.

Looks like Fed Ex is delivering my drone tomorrow morning by 8 am. I didn't know they delivered that early lol

Reactions: L.L.
It sounds like someone is calling in sick to work tomorrow morning... :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan