I really want this
Dreamed to have one
I live off grid and would love to survey the mountains in my 40 acres
Thank u in advance or for anytime you took to read this
Carey from Colorado

Reactions: Cafguy and TX Steve
Bought used a garage sale
Maybe it's OK ... but maybe it's not.
If buying used, you really need to have a demo flight to ensure it doesn't have serious issues.
No remote
Can I fly without
No, you will need a controller to fly.
Also trying to charge flying unit with micro c
Have no idea how to check if charging or battery still good
The charger has to deliver 12.6 V / 13.2 V.
Ordinary usb chargers won't do that.

Reactions: Cafguy and carey t
Dji air 2s
Thank u!
Start by downloading and reading the drone's manual

You WILL NEED
1) a controller, most likely an RC231/RC-N1, there is/are controller/s with built in screens but it/they are more expensive than those two models
2) either a DJI charger or an after market charger, for the drone's battery.
3) if the controller requires a phone, the two above do, then you will also need a COMPATIBLE phone or tablet with the FLY app installed on it
DJI Air 2S - Download Center - DJI
Note download the App from that site.
4) A DJI account and the app logged into that account.

I am sorry to say but I think you will be lucky is this is an air worthy drone, best of luck.

Does the battery show any lights when you press its button ?
These batteries can 'die' if their charge voltage drops too low, which tends to happen if they are not used for a while and not occasionally charged during that period.

Last edited:
Reactions: carey t

You WILL NEED
1) a controller, most likely an RC231/RC-N1, there is/are controller/s with built in screens but it/they are more expensive than those two models
3) if the controller requires a phone, the two above do, then you will also need a COMPATIBLE phone or tablet with the FLY app installed on it

I am sorry to say but I think you will be lucky is this is an air worthy drone, best of luck.

These batteries can 'die' if their charge voltage drops too low, which tends to happen if they are not used for a while and not occasionally charged during that period.
No lights only charged for a while though

Maybe it's OK ... but maybe it's not.
If buying used, you really need to have a demo flight to ensure it doesn't have serious issues.

No, you will need a controller to fly.

The charger has to deliver 12.6 V / 13.2 V.
Ordinary usb chargers won't do that.
Gotcha now got to find a cord like that thank u soooo much

You WILL NEED

So very helpful
I registered with faa
I also downloaded items you said
I pray it works
Gotta find a battery if not
Do you like store on here

Do you like store on here
what do you mean ?
With regards to the battery try charging it before you look for another battery.
I would suggest that before you throw any further money at this, you try to find another drone pilot near you, or a friend or relative, who has compatible equipment and ask them if they would
1) see if the battery charges
2) test the drone to see if it is air worthy.
There's no point in needlessly throwing money at this only to find out that the drone is kaput.

Last edited:
Reactions: carey t
what do you mean ?
With regards to the battery try charging it before you look for another battery.
I would suggest that before you throw any further money at this, you try to find another drone pilot near you, or a friend or relativ, who has compatible equipment and ask them if
1) they would see if the battery charges
2) test the drone to see if it is air worthy.
There's no point in needlessly throwng money at this only to find out that the drone is kaput.
Great minds think alike
Just ordered charger cable that is made for it and arrives today supposedly
Great super advice by all
Thank you

Great minds think alike
Thank you
Unfortunately no friends or anyone I know close or on social media that I know has a drone
So you guys are just awesome for helping

Great minds think alike
Thank you
You need a charger, not a cable, or perhaps you are speaking American English rather than British English.
I'd look on ebay for necessary stuff.
If the battery charges then, when it is fully charged, your next step is to put the battery in the drone, try to switch the drone on, BUT FIRST READ THE MANUAL SEVERAL TIMES.
If the drone switches on watch to see what the props and gimbal do whilst it is booting, don't forget to switch the drone off.

Reactions: Cafguy
I'd better add, you need an internet connection to log into the App/DJI account, some people on the www have recently thrown hissy fits because that was not mentioned on the box their drone came in.

You need a charger, not a cable, or perhaps you are speaking American English rather than British English.
I'd look on ebay for necessary stuff.
If the battery charges then, when it is fully charged, your next step is to put the battery in the drone, try to switch the drone on, BUT FIRST READ THE MANUAL SEVERAL TIMES.
If the drone switches on watch to see what the props and gimbal do whilst it is booting, don't forget to switch the drone off.
Oh I am ignorant
I thought you could charge 2s with the micro usb c port on the drone itself in the usb c port
Thank you!

I am new owner of a dream to have a drone
Bought used a garage sale
No remote
Can I fly without
Also trying to charge flying unit with micro c
Have no idea how to check if charging or battery still good
Any ideas
I really want this
Dreamed to have one
I live off grid and would love to survey the mountains in my 40 acres
Thank u in advance or for anytime you took to read this
Carey from Colorado
You might contact the Colorado Springs Drone user group and see if you can meet up with some of them and maybe one of them will have the stuff you need for testing. its only about a 30 mile drive?

And thanks for not making me feel stupid
I am completely ignorant of drones
Just have a dream to have one
At some point in our lives, we're all uninformed of things when we're new to them, so don't feel bad.
You will learn much here. :)

Great Advice you are getting and I really hope this drone works for you Start browsing the Forum and before you know it you will be a Drone know it all. A little tip from someone who has flown the Air2s for years....Get a landing pad OR some good Landing gear extenders!! The air2S sits really low and if you don't have a landing pad or extenders the gimbal always seems to want to get stuck in the grass.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeShmoe