DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New pilot, first flight

HappyHours

Reactions
Hi from Enumclaw! Got a Mavic Pro platinum for Christmas!

Downloaded DGI go 4 on my iPhone
Charged up the drone, did a firmware update, then I noticed flight simulator and tried that for a while, that took a lot of the stress off. took it out to the driveway, did the compass cal, tried the IMU cal but it hung at like 95% for like 15 min so i shut it all down and rebooted. When I reconnected the I imu status was excellent, so I unfolded everything and flew! Flew all round my property, tried follow me what an awesome easy to fly drone!!

As a 3D heli pilot from a few years ago I realized you don’t actually fly this machine, it’s largely an autonomous drone and you just tell it what you want it to do.

It’s friking rock solid on the videos, I mean it just hovers there while I’m looking at the screen, when you play it back you might thing the screen froze until you realize you can see my hands moving, ha ha

I took a piece of cardboard and put a tape X on it, when I hit return it lands within inches:)

The only issue I had was that when I tried to reset the home location to my location it’s keeps saying my iPhone position is too weak and it can’t use it. Maybe if I was out away from the trees more??

Other than that a perfect day!

Reactions: dirkclod
Make sure you unfold the aircraft before turning on. It needs to calibrate things like the compass and with it all folded up it will mess with stuff.

Reactions: HappyHours
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Reactions: HappyHours
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs